Weight & Hornby Smokey Joe

  • Peter Cairncross
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2005
      I am in the process of finishing my first 7mm model, a bash of a
      Hornby Smoekey Joe 040, and I am about to add some weight to it to
      impove its running abilities.

      Does anyone have any experience on what is an acceptable total
      weight for the model?

      The original weighed 4oz (110 grams) I have got enough room in
      various places to lift this 6 oz, being mindful of keeping things
      balanced.

      Your wise council would be appreciated.

      Cheers

      Pete
      Auckland
      NZ
    • Dave Balcombe
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2005
        Just had the kitchen scales out.

        Hornby 0-4-0 6 ounces
        Dapol Pug 6 ounces
        Old IHC 0-4-0 a whopping 9 ounces!

        All run smoothly, pull plenty enough for me and my rolling stock averages 4 ounces per piece.

        Only two other qualifications - I have no gradients and all rolling stock has very very smooth running wheels.

        Dave Balcombe 2518