Shutters

  • Graham Spencer
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2 10:33 AM
      Hi all

      This may seem a strange question, but has anyone any ideas for 7mm scale
      shutters (the sort that fit over windows!)? I need 14 pairs for a building
      I'm about to start (No, Adrian, it's not a Welsh building!) and I wondered
      if anyone either knew of a source where I could find them ready-made or
      could suggest a material that I could use to represent the slats if I make
      them myself.

      Thanks!

      Graham
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2 1:11 PM
        --- In 7mmnga@y..., "Graham Spencer" <graham@r...> wrote:
        > Hi all
        >
        > This may seem a strange question, but has anyone any ideas for 7mm
        scale
        > shutters (the sort that fit over windows!)? I need 14 pairs for a
        building
        > I'm about to start (No, Adrian, it's not a Welsh building!) and I
        wondered
        > if anyone either knew of a source where I could find them ready-
        made or
        > could suggest a material that I could use to represent the slats if
        I make
        > them myself.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Graham

        You could ask Gordon Gravett - I'm sure he has shutters on is french
        buildings - however, knowing GG he (or Maggie) will probably tell you
        they made 'em themselves!!
        Have you looked in the Grandt Line catalogue?
        Have you tried dolls house materials - might be a bit too large but
        they do have various scales - Tennents at Halesowen/Hagley might help
        with this one.

        Adrian
      • Paul Martin
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2 3:10 PM
          Graham,

          You could always spend forever making a superb one off out of styrene
          and then ship it to Mr Traxson and he will clone it

          Paul Martin

          This may seem a strange question, but has anyone any ideas for 7mm scale
          shutters (the sort that fit over windows!)? I need 14 pairs for a
          building
          I'm about to start (No, Adrian, it's not a Welsh building!) and I
          wondered
          if anyone either knew of a source where I could find them ready-made or
          could suggest a material that I could use to represent the slats if I
          make
          them myself.

          Thanks!

          Graham

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3 3:40 AM
            --- In 7mmnga@y..., "Paul Martin" <ricketrescue@t...> wrote:
            > Graham,
            >
            > You could always spend forever making a superb one off out of
            styrene
            > and then ship it to Mr Traxson and he will clone it
            >
            > Paul Martin

            Why didn't I think of that?!!
            After all - my reply was written as a minute's relief from bashing
            plastic to make patterns for Phil Traxson to cast from!!

            Doh!
            Adrian
          • Graham Spencer
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 3 3:52 AM
              Why didn't I think of that, too? Actually I'd have to make four - first
              because they're "handed", and second because the upper-storey ones are
              smaller than the ground floor ones - but I'll certainly give it some
              thought. Grandt Line do a selection, but not in the sizes I'm after.
              Thanks chaps.

              Graham
            • Vincent Bradley
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 4 5:01 AM
                Hi,
                Have you looked at the Grant Line products. I have use Evergreen clapboard
                siding and
                a micro strip border, very quick really. Or make one and use it as a
                master..
                Vincent 1707