Re: [7mmnga] Digest Number 906

  • Geoffrey Loynes
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2004
      The late M.E.M. Lloyd produced a 7mm scale drawing of one of the four wheeled GWR transporter wagons, a 14 ton vehicle, no. 25020, diagram ?, (originally 'Macaw A' 48920), which accommodated six NG slate wagons. Copies of this drawing can still be purchased from his estate - contact me off-list and I will pass the details on.

      Geoff

      Message: 6
      Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:26:26 -0000
      From: "adriangrayfr"
      Subject: Re: Transshipment Dinorwic style

      --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Young"
      wrote:
      > In addition to the host wagons, the GWR had a couple of standard
      gauge 6
      > wheel transporter wagons for use in the Festiniog area. These
      might prove
      > easier to model. Also the slate wagons there were very similar to
      the FR
      > ones, kits of which are produced by the association.
      >
      > Andy

      No they didn't!

      There was only one six-wheeled host wagon which was later replaced by
      a pair of four-wheeled bolster wagon conversions.

      Adrian - in pedant mode because he has done a lot of research on
      these wagons and published an article in British Railway Journal
      several years ago!!