Re: canvas roofs

  • Kevin Staddon
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2004
      Charles,
      There was an article some years back on using masking tape for tarp's in the
      Model Railway Journal. Was this what you are thinking?
      Regards.
      Kevin Staddon
      325

      > Message: 5
      > Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 07:36:31 -0500
      > From: "Charles Hansen" <velotrain@...>
      > Subject: canvas roofs
      >
      > I was at an art supply store yesterday and saw some gaffing tape, which is
      > intended for stage craft. It's similar to masking tape, but has a more
      > distinctive texture, which I think might pass for canvas. I believe that
      > have seen the suggestion of using this to represent canvas previously, but
      > can't recall where. It came in a wide array of colors, including white
      and
      > black. I just tried taking a photo of it, but the image wasn't worth
      > posting.
      >
      > Charles

    • Charles Hansen
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2004
        Kevin -

        I have used masking tape for tarpaper roofs on many structures, but not yet
        on rolling stock (not too many prototypes used tarpaper ;-)

        I saw a reference to the gaffers tape on another list and thought it was in
        a modeling reference - I'm trying to check on just what it was.

      • gwentrail@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2004
          For what it is worth many moons ago I used to use model aircraft tissue for
          this sort of roofing.

          Pat
          Wye Valley