S&D Models Dick Kerr Kit

  • iais303emd
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2002
      Hi
      I am new to this list and would like to know has anyone had any
      dealings with the S&D Models kit for the Dick Kerr Petrol Electric.
      It is made to fit the Hornby 0-4-0 chassis.
      As I am a BASIC modeller I thought this may be a good start
      Hope someone can help
      Greetings from Aust

      Graham
      Southam
    • robin edwards
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2002
        Hi Graham,

        I haven't been around to look at my mail much recently, so apologies for the
        delay in responding. I must admit I'm a bit surprised that no one else has
        posted anything (unless there is something wrong with my computer).

        Anyway - I have built one of these models and found that it was easy to put
        together. The kit is designed so that you can bolt the main parts together
        to 'fettle' them to fit and then glue or solder to suit.

        I actually put an extended Branchlines motor bogie under mine - but I
        wouldn't advise this if you want to keep things simple.

        Others have used the Hornby chassis to good effect but have found that you
        need to add quite a bit of weight to the front (there is plenty of room
        under the bonnet) as the chassis is only two wheel drive (because you have
        to remove the coupling rods to fit the chassis).

        Good luck and enjoy yourself.

        Regards,

        Robin.

        > I am new to this list and would like to know has anyone had any
        > dealings with the S&D Models kit for the Dick Kerr Petrol Electric.
        > It is made to fit the Hornby 0-4-0 chassis.
        > As I am a BASIC modeller I thought this may be a good start
        > Hope someone can help
        > Greetings from Aust
        >
        > Graham
        > Southam

      • charles schuster
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 16, 2005
          Good Morning All from OZ,
          I have used the 7MMNGA Message Archive to try to find out about the
          7mm S&D Models' kit of the WWi Dick Kerr Petrol Electric locomotive and
          this has generated some questions.

          Is this kit still available?
          From whom?
          Even 2nd hand would be fine. Please contact off list at.......
          <chasschuster@...>

          Is the powering unit a "Smokey Joe" Hornby 0-4-0? I already have one
          in my mechanism's box. Any comments on how this is fitted and how it
          runs under this kit would be appreciated.
          If a member has completed one could photo/s be posted on this list,
          please?
          TYIA,
          Charles Schuster,
          Australia.