Re: [7mmnga] AD - New Transfers for Festiniog Railway Wagons (and others)

  • Julian Ashworth
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2001
      which other railways are you intending to cover; can I
      put in a request for the Leek & Manifold?

      --- cctrans@... wrote: > Please forgive a
      plug from a new member - these

      http://uk.my.yahoo.com
    • cctrans@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 15, 2001
        Julian,

        As with all of my transfers, my output is dictated either by my own
        needs; (hence the BR steam-era emphasis); or by requests.

        Over the years, I've accumulated a fair amount of knowledge of the BR
        steam-era, so I can usually lay my hands on the research material
        necessary for transfers for this period.

        However, whilst I have a great interest in narrow gauge railways,
        both in the UK and elsewhere in Europe, and have a respectable
        library of NG books, I would not have easy access to details of
        lettering sizes and colours for a particular railway's vehicles.

        So, the ball is in your court. If anyone can come to me, as Adrian
        Gray of the Ffestiniog Railway did, and say "Here are good square
        illustrations of what we need, with dimensions"; then I'm more than
        happy to consider the project.

        Please don't regard this as passing the buck. I got into transfer
        production by accident rather than design; (I have a totally
        unrelated full-time career). I bought a printer capable of printing
        waterslide transfers for my own use, but word got about!

        I have lost most of my former modelling time to transfer design
        already, and I cannot justify sacrificing the remainder to research
        work for subjects other than those which have a bearing on my own
        modelling interests.

        Regards,

        --- In 7mmnga@y..., Julian Ashworth <jooli_ash@y...> wrote:
        > which other railways are you intending to cover; can I
        > put in a request for the Leek & Manifold?
        >
        > --- cctrans@h... wrote: > Please forgive a
        > plug from a new member - these
        > > transfers have been
        > > so long in development that I just had to tell
        > > someone!
        > >
        > > A visit to the 'Latest Releases' page of
        > > http://www.cctrans.freeserve.co.uk/
        > > will reveal details of a new sheet of transfers
        > > which has been
        > > designed at the request of Adrian Gray, the
        > > Ffestiniog Railway
        > > archivist.
        > >
        > > However, modellers of other narrow gauge railways
        > > may also find it to
        > > be of interest.
        > >
        > > This new sheet is intended to be the first in an
        > > expanding range of
        > > narrow gauge subjects.
        > >
        > > Thanks for your indulgence.
        > >
        > > John Isherwood,
        > > Cambridge Custom Transfers.

        > Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to
        Email and Music Charts