New Member

  • stephen291262
    Message 1 of 48 , May 2 1:43 AM
      Hi all

      As a new member of the 'group' I thought it would be polite to send
      a message to introduce myself and say "thanks" for having me.

      I live in Lowca, a small village near Whitehaven in Cumbria, with my
      wife - Barbara and our two cats - Snoopy & Roger. I work as a BT
      field engineer (yes, the one's who climb poles and disappear into
      holes in the ground), covering most of the beautiful County of
      Cumbria.

      I've been into model railways for about 12 years now, though mostly
      as an 'armchair modeller'. I've actually been a member of the
      7mmNGA for about 4 years (member No.2082), though again as an
      inactive armchair type.

      Living in a terrace house means that space is limited but things
      have recently changed. An expansion into the loft has meant that I
      have my very own railway room and planning is now afoot for a 7mm NG
      layout.

      I thought that it was also time to get more involved in the 7mm NG
      community, basically to learn from the people who's layouts, models
      etc I have admired in magazines and books while armchair modelling.

      My aim is to get a small 7mmNG layout ready to possibly show at our
      local Model Railway Exhibition at Workington later in the year, so
      we'll see how I get on.

      Bye for now.

      Stephen (7mmnga member No.2082)
    • meconicuk
      Message 48 of 48 , Jul 2, 2013
        Peter.

        Thanks for the info on where the Gamle Carlsberg track plan can be
        found. I noticed there's an
        article on the layout in one of the archive editions on Narrow Lines.

        Mac

        --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, peter page wrote:

        > Mac - and anyone else who's starting out -
        >

        > Get yourself a copy of the Association's 'Getting Started' and 'Small
        Layouts' Handbooks. Gamle Carlsberg is one of the layouts featured, with
        a track plan, in 'Small Layouts'. Bob Machin deals with Handbook Sales.
        His contact details are in Narrow Lines.

        > 0e is the European 1:45 scale equivalent of 0-16.5 (1:43.5) and 0n30
        (1:48). They all run on 16.5mm gauge track, but the differences in scale
        can sometimes be significant