: Bachmann Gas Mechanicals

  • gordonthepict
    Message 1 of 24 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hi,

      I picked-up one of these models at the Wakefield show and think its a
      great model with some great detail especialy in the cab!It even has a
      nice yellow paint job! I just wish they would do a a big diesel next
      time.

      A1 models were selling the HO Bachmann "Doodle-bug railcars" at
      £18.00 these may be of interest for a railcar chassis in 0-16.5. They
      feature a die-cast chassis with a motor/fly-wheel which drives the
      front boggie only. This has the advantage that you should be able to
      model the interior detail in most of the coach as the motor does not
      take up much space. The one I bought runs very well.
    • David Leslie Taylor
      Message 2 of 24 , Dec 5, 2003
        Does anyone know of a website where I can see these
        vehicles?
        Thanks,
        Dave.T

        On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:46:35 -0000 gordonthepict
        <firstnorthumbria@...> wrote:

        > A1 models were selling the HO Bachmann "Doodle-bug railcars" at
        > �18.00 these may be of interest for a railcar chassis in 0-16.5. They
        > feature a die-cast chassis with a motor/fly-wheel which drives the
        > front boggie only. This has the advantage that you should be able to
        > model the interior detail in most of the coach as the motor does not
        > take up much space. The one I bought runs very well.

        ----------------------
        David Leslie Taylor
        University of Exeter
      • David Butler
        Message 3 of 24 , Dec 5, 2003
          This should satisfy your curiosity, david!

          http://www.is.kiruna.se/~pma/mj/product_revues/bachmann/

          regards
          David

          --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, David Leslie Taylor <D.L.Taylor@e...>
          wrote:
          > Does anyone know of a website where I can see these
          > vehicles?
          > Thanks,
          > Dave.T
        • Jim Favre
          Message 4 of 24 , Dec 5, 2003
            Anybody have a photo of just the powered bogie? I have aften wondered what it looked like and what kitbashing possibilities it might hold?

            Jim Favre jimfavre@...
            Dalton, Massachusetts
            7mmNGA 2745

            Note: Outbound E-Mail is scanned for
            viruses automatically before it is sent

          • David Butler
            Message 5 of 24 , Dec 5, 2003
              Jim,
              try.......

              http://www.pcrailroad.org/Equipment/Doodlebug/DCCConvBachmann.htm

              Not very good light wise, but may be of some use
              regards
              David

              Message 6 of 24 , Dec 9, 2003
                David,
                Thanks very much, but I couldn't get anywhere with
                this site.
                Dave.T

                On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 14:27:34 -0000 David Butler
                <d.butler@...> wrote:

                > This should satisfy your curiosity, david!
                >
                > http://www.is.kiruna.se/~pma/mj/product_revues/bachmann/
                >
                > regards
                > David
                >
                > --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, David Leslie Taylor <D.L.Taylor@e...>
                > wrote:
                > > Does anyone know of a website where I can see these
                > > vehicles?
                > > Thanks,
                > > Dave.T

                ----------------------
                David Leslie Taylor
                University of Exeter
              • David Leslie Taylor
                Message 7 of 24 , Dec 9, 2003
                  I've not made much progress finding a website
                  showing the Doodle-bug in 16.5. I found it on PCRailroad,
                  but it was N Gauge. Do Bachman themselves have a website?
                  I've never managed to find one.

                  Message 8 of 24 , Dec 9, 2003
                    D.L.Taylor@... writes:

                    > I've not made much progress finding a website
                    > showing the Doodle-bug in 16.5. I found it on PCRailroad,
                    > but it was N Gauge. Do Bachman themselves have a website?
                    > I've never managed to find one.

                    Sure do, try this Dave

                    http://www.bachmanntrains.com/

                    Steve Bennett

                  • David Butler
                    Message 9 of 24 , Dec 10, 2003
                      Dave,
                      I seem to have missed this - I've just checked the link I sent you
                      and it opened up first time.
                      I've downloaded the pictures into a folder in the files section forr
                      you.

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      > ----------------------
                      > David Leslie Taylor
                      > University of Exeter
                    • David Leslie Taylor
                      Message 10 of 24 , Dec 12, 2003
                        David,
                        Thanks very much for this, I have now had a good
                        look. I also tried again on the original link you gave me,
                        and it worked this time!
                        I had a look at Bachmann's own website, and the
                        doodlebug railcars are not listed, the only ones on it
                        being G-Scale.
                        Dave.