RE: [7mmnga] Phoenix Figures

  • Ian Wilson
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2003
      Hi Y’all,

      From the recent correspondence it seems that the future of Phoenix seems to
      be unsure?

      I do hope that Phoenix keeps in production. I have a number of kits/figures
      on the assembly line and they are extremely good kits. Perhaps if all
      members have a look at the Phoenix catalogue we can create the market to
      keep these fine products going, (as well as promoting them to our ‘sad’
      colleagues who are glued to standard gauge 7mm scale!).

      TTFN
      Ian (Everthorpe) Wilson
      (2532)

      Ian Wilson. MA. BSc. FCIPD.
      Tel: 01430 421130
      Mobile: 07768 077217
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2003
        --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Wilson" <IanWilson@h...> wrote:
        > Hi Y'all,
        >
        > From the recent correspondence it seems that the future of Phoenix
        seems to
        > be unsure?

        I don't know how Ian gets to that impression. The whole point is
        that Rose Miniatures, who bought the range from Brian Marlow when he
        retired, made life quite difficult for traders wishing to sell the
        figures (in 7mm scale).
        Dave Sutton of S&D is a VERY wel established trader in our scale and
        gauge. He was one of the principal retailers of Phoenix figures. By
        buyiing the range he has protected a substantial part of his
        business.
        Dave is hardly likely to make them difficult to obtain so I think the
        complete contrary of Ian's assumption isctrue.

        Adrian
        TLO