Re: [7mmnga] 16.5MM TRACK GAUGES/Romford 14mm gauge axles

  • Steve Holland
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2003
      Frank,

      I noticed your posting on Romford 14mm gauge axles and their being slightly over gauge. I have recently got some for my Agenoria "Jubilee 1897" and noticed the same problem. Perhaps they were produced for 3mm finescale which uses 14.23 mm? When I compared them with one of Roy Link's track and wheel standards gauge I found the wheels to be approximately 0.5mm too far apart. I really should get round to skimming some off the wheel backs, but it is too cold to go in to the garage to use the lathe, and I don't think swarf would be appreciated in the lounge carpet if I bring the lathe in to the warm!
      On the subject of 16.5mm track gauges, has anyone tried the OO Gauge Assocation to see if they have anything available?

      Regards

      Steve
      Membership No. 1263
      Freezin' cold Birmingham

    • FRANK SHARP
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2003
        Steve,

        A decorators dust sheet, or a plastic ground sheet works wonders.

        I noticed your posting on Romford 14mm gauge axles and their being
        slightly over gauge. I have recently got some for my Agenoria "Jubilee
        1897" and noticed the same problem. Perhaps they were produced for 3mm
        finescale which uses 14.23 mm? When I compared them with one of Roy
        Link's track and wheel standards gauge I found the wheels to be
        approximately 0.5mm too far apart. I really should get round to skimming
        some off the wheel backs, but it is too cold to go in to the garage to
        use the lathe, and I don't think swarf would be appreciated in the
        lounge carpet if I bring the lathe in to the warm!
        On the subject of 16.5mm track gauges, has anyone tried the OO Gauge
        Assocation to see if they have anything available?

        Regards

        Steve
        Membership No. 1263
        Freezin' cold Birmingham

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=243273.4089246.5300282.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1706
        533813:HM/A=1750744/R=0/SIG=129g053v1/*http:/servedby.advertising.com/cl
        ick/site=552006/bnum=1067636078107642> Click to learn more...

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=243273.4089246.5300282.1261774/D=egrou
        pmail/S=:HM/A=1750744/rand=930094775>