Another New Member

  • Dave Balcombe
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2001
      Hello, just a quick intro.

      Dave Balcombe from London. Insomniac modelmaker (it's almost 6am on a
      Sunday morning!). After over 30 years as a military modeller, I
      decided to build a new model railway as my Millennium project. After
      about a year I had a passable 009 layout running. Then I discovered
      you lot!

      Now I have an abandoned 009 layout and a small stud of 016.5 and 09
      locos. Somewhere at the bottom of my bits box is an old Round Tuit.
      When I can find it I will be scrapping the layout and building
      something to fit my new stud.

      There is a running joke among military modellers that among our
      soldier collection we each have a "Legion of the Great Unfinished". I
      am now discovering that they are not unique.

      I got hooked on 7mm scale at Swanley last year and completely sold on
      the 7mmnga at Leatherhead this June. Among other goodies, I was
      entranced by Philip Moss's Knoware Tramway, the first sight to greet
      me on entering. My membership application was in the post that night!

      I don't know when I'll have anything running. I am used to spending 3
      months making and painting one figure. However, having retired early,
      I have 4 days a week to myself. (On the other 3 days, I work part
      time as a MODEL MAKER!!!)

      Will check in regularly. To those I have met and spoken to already,
      thank you for the warm reception.

      Regards
      David