Re:Colors of ALR

  • Vince Bradley
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2001
      Greetings,
      I am attempting to model the Ashover Light Railway prior to the end of
      passenger service, approximately 1930. Can somebody shed some light on
      the colors used in the passenger halts. I have seen Lead mentioned,
      does that mean gray? Also the painting and lettering on the Class D
      wagons. In some pictures they look to have black frames and in others
      they appear one color (light gray). When then did the plain lettering
      without a black shadow line come into use? In many of the pictures I
      have seen there is no lettering except for a number.
      Thank you,
      Vincent Bradley 1707, Cincinnati Oh. USA
      A question.
    • Andrew Young
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 19, 2001
        Vince,

        Would imagine that the all over colour for the wagons you mention was due to
        them being covered with dust from the stone.

        Andy