0-16.5 rail spikes

  • hefelump2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
      Hi all,

      I believe Peco may have stopped manufacture of the IL-13 rail spikes
      (these are ie L-shaped spikes for holding rail to sleepers rather
      than just ordinary track pins) - can anyone either correct this
      information and tell me where in the UK I can get some, or suggest a
      supplier of an equivalent item?

      Thanks,

      Jonathan
    • Stephen John Griffiths
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
        > I believe Peco may have stopped manufacture of the IL-13 rail spikes
        > (these are ie L-shaped spikes for holding rail to sleepers rather
        > than just ordinary track pins) - can anyone either correct this
        > information and tell me where in the UK I can get some, or suggest a
        > supplier of an equivalent item?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Jonathan
        >
        >You could do worse than try Roy Link's spikes (RS01) intended for his
        jubilee track

        see http://www.paragonnoarrowgauge.co.uk/Catalogue/O14.html

        > Steve G>

      • howardmartin
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
          Jonathon

          Peco's supplier of IL-13 Track Spikes, stopped making them. Peco are
          tryiing to source them elsewhere but have not yet had any luck.

          Whenever a solution is found, Association Slaes will be stocking them.

          Thanks

          Howard
          > I believe Peco may have stopped manufacture of the IL-13 rail spikes
          > (these are ie L-shaped spikes for holding rail to sleepers rather
          > than just ordinary track pins) - can anyone either correct this
          > information and tell me where in the UK I can get some, or suggest a
          > supplier of an equivalent item?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Jonathan

        • David Leslie Taylor
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
            I too can recommend the Roy Link spikes, I switched
            from using the Peco ones for the current layout, as they
            are a bit hefty, and I found I had to drill holes for them.
            I am using stripwood sleepers with a Sundeala trackbase,
            and the Roy Link spikes can be carefully pushed in using
            narrow-nose pliers. (I only bent a few).
            Dave.

            On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 19:47:55 +0100 Stephen John Griffiths
            <griff_stephen.j@...> wrote:

> [...]

            David Leslie Taylor
            University of Exeter
          • Vincent Bradley
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
              Howard,
              Are they different from American track spikes. We have several sources over
              here including Micro Engineering and Old Pullman of several different size
              spikes.
              Vincent Bradley, 1707, Cincinnati, USA