Exhibition Diary

  • jamesmcorsi
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 10, 2014

      Dear All,

      I should be better organised. This month I wil be at 17th August Mid Suffolk railway with Hofbau-am-See this layout is now for sale as I don't have the space; alternatively it will be broken up and used in a shed that I plan to have built, when I can afford the shed, as a static test track. 31st August I will be at Bressingham with Hofbau engineering works and my own 7mm ng trade stand, I have to make more space, I have too many cardboard boxes sitting around.

      14th September I will be back at Mid Suffolk with Hofbau Eng plus trade stand, 27th September Strumshaw steam museum (near Norwich) with the same and 12th Oct the same at NeedhamMarket community centre, Stowmarket MRC swapmeet.

      Best wishes,

      James Corsi #3469

    • joppyuk1@sky.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 11, 2014
        Your a busy chap over the next few weeks, and still all the unpacking to do as well. I'd be inclined to leave the shed till spring, then you've time to work out sizes, where you want doors and windows, how to get power to it, etc. In the meantime, whatever you want will always be in the bottom box of a pile.

        Ian (515)
      • jamesmcorsi
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 12, 2014
          Dear Ian,
          Thank you for all your encouragement, I'm getting a bit fed upwith looking for things in various boxes, and if I had a shed I could move stuff out of cupboards..... etc etc.
          best wishes,
          James
        • Rod Hutchinson
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 12, 2014

            James,

            If you obtain  shed you will only fill it with more stuff :-)

            Regards
            Rod Hutchinson
            Australia

            On Aug 12, 2014 8:29 PM, "jamesmcorsi@... [7mmnga]" <7mmnga@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            Dear Ian,

            Thank you for all your encouragement, I'm getting a bit fed upwith looking for things in various boxes, and if I had a shed I could move stuff out of cupboards..... etc etc.
            best wishes,
            James
          • TonyW
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 12, 2014
              Is it Murphy’s or Sod’s Law that “junque” ALWAYS expands to surpass the room available ??? <VBG>

              Tony Wells.

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 13, 2014
                Dear All,
                How about a garage?????
                best wishes,
                James Corsi #3469
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 13, 2014

                  James,

                  More likely to help the house sell if you ever want to move. Unless you are in a conservation area it should come under permitted development.

                  Frank

                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 15, 2014
                    some 'sod' has been in my shed and 'tidy -ed? up for me: ( !!  cant find a damn thing now*:-S worried.
                    Good job I'm actually 'downsizing and moving house. It has obliged me to get rid of stuff without agonizing over every bit of 'useful rubbish I've spent years collecting. Look on the bright side, Opportunity for a clean sweep, start a new collection *:)) laughing.

                    Rob (Oxfordshire UK)

                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 15, 2014

                      List the stuff you bin. OR you will spend hours wondering where it got to, trust me

                      Andrew

                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 18, 2014

                        Hi

                        I have acquired a Hornby Stepney, Anyone converted one of these to O16.5?

                        Quick google and search of Narrow lines archive didn't turn any thing up.

                        Andrew

                      • Phil
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 18, 2014

                          Have you tried www.smallbrookstudio.com they have good supply of ng loco conversions..!
                          Phil

                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 18, 2014

                            Andrew,

                            That's a Terrier I think, with a little bodging you can fit it under the Peco whitemetal kit for the Glyn Valley loco. No-one will spot that it is an 0-6-0 not 0-4-2, it is a lot easier to rail without a flopping tuck, balances better, and runs better than the original Terrier simply because it is heavier.

                            Frank

                            I have acquired a Hornby Stepney, Anyone converted one of these to O16.5?

                            Quick google and search of Narrow lines archive didn't turn any thing up.

                            Andrew

                            ___

                          • Bruce Wilson
                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 18, 2014
                              Correct url is

                              http://www.smallbrookstudio.co.uk/
                              Bruce Wilson
                              Barrie, Ontario, Canada
                              Life Member    NMRA
                              Member    Scale 7 Group    Gauge 0 Guild  7mmNGA
                              Member Bird Studies Canada   Ontario Bird Banding Association
                              Brereton Field Naturalists' Club  Simcoe County Banding Group

                              On 18/08/2014 09:15, 'Phil' tronder.1@... [7mmnga] wrote:

                              Have you tried www.smallbrookstudio.com they have good supply of ng loco conversions..!
                              Phil

                            • Simon
                              Message 14 of 14 , Aug 19, 2014
                                HI,
                                try Tom Bell's(Tebee) 3d printed models on Shapeways.

                                SOW a Seed

                                Save
                                Our
                                World