Burton 2014

  • mrandy5
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 2, 2014

      It's less than 2 weeks to Burton!

      Has anyone had the agenda for the AGM yet?

      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 2, 2014

        Everybody has - Narrow News 149, page 5, carries the draft agenda.

        Since the Secretary hadn't received any other items for inclusion by the due date of 20th April the draft agenda stands.

        Granted, the Secretary could have put exactly the same text into NN150, omitting 'draft' but, why waste the space?

        Adrian - Committee member

      • TonyW
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 3, 2014
          Surely a single sentence to this effect somewhere in Narrow News 150 wouldn’t have taken up too much room Adrian! You and the Committee knew that there weren’t any further items, but how was the rest of us to know?

          Tony Wells.

          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 5, 2014
            According to the constitution, Article 6.4

            The agenda for the AGM and the examined accounts made up to the last day of the previous
            December shall be circulated to members at least fourteen days prior to the meeting.

            As this hasn't happened, should we ask what this mean for the AGM?

            Or is this dealt with in the updated Code of Practice that hasn't appeared either?
          • Mike Brown
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 6, 2014
              Dear mrandy5@...

              Just nit-picking here. If you are to be pedantic please have the courtesy to sign your name and append your membership number as requested when you join the group. (At least I wasasked that when I joined).

              Mike Brown (008)

              On 6 Jun 2014, at 00:09, mrandy5@... [7mmnga] <7mmnga@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              > According to the constitution, Article 6.4
              >
              > The agenda for the AGM and the examined accounts made up to the last day of the previous
              > December shall be circulated to members at least fourteen days prior to the meeting.
              >

              > As this hasn't happened, should we ask what this mean for the AGM?
              >
              > Or is this dealt with in the updated Code of Practice that hasn't appeared either?

            • Andrew Young
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 6, 2014
                The AGM and Exhibition of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association is just a little over a week away. A full list of layouts, exhibitors and traders is available for your perusal at: http://7mmnga.org.uk/AGM.php

                Also including, now that my (deliberate) mistake has been pointed out, the opening and closing times!

                Looking forward to seeing many familiar faces and a few new ones on the day.

                Cheers,
                Andrew

                Andrew Young
                7mmNGA Convention Co-ordinator
                Mem No 1218
              • Andrew Young
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 6, 2014
                  Andy,

                  In order to get the answer you seek, may I suggest that you'd be better off contacting the Secretary, Treasurer or failing that the Chairman direct who would be better informed to answer your question than this forum? It would be more direct and cut out the middle man!

                  Cheers,
                  Andrew
                  Mem No 1218
                  Tutbury (4 1/2 miles from the Convention)

                  On Jun 5, 2014, at 23:09, "mrandy5@... [7mmnga]" <7mmnga@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  According to the constitution, Article 6.4

                  The agenda for the AGM and the examined accounts made up to the last day of the previous
                  December shall be circulated to members at least fourteen days prior to the meeting.

                  As this hasn't happened, should we ask what this mean for the AGM?

                  Or is this dealt with in the updated Code of Practice that hasn't appeared either?

                • Howard Martin
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 6, 2014

                    The accounts were circulated along with the Committee Report in end of March mailing

                    The Examiners Report will be submitted to the AGM for approval as normal

                    Therefore there is no Constitutional issue

                    Kind regards

                    Howard Martin

                    1184

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 6, 2014
                      Andrew

                      Thanks for the suggestion.  Email gone to Neil.  Be interesting to see the response.

                      Regards, Andy
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 6, 2014

                        Since there isn't, nor ever was, any Constitutional issue since the information has been published this discussion is now CLOSED.

                        No further posting is appropriate.

                        Failure to heed this statement may incur sanctions.

                        Please remember that the purpose of this Yahoo group is to discuss modelling NG railways in 7mm scale or thereabouts.

                        It is NOT an official means of communication for the 7mm NGA, nor a means of contacting members of the Committee since it does not reach every member of either the Association or the Committee.

                        There are well-published email addresses through which members of the Association may contact their elected Committee.

                        Adrian Gray 1164

                        A Moderator of this Group who  will act!

                        An elected member of the 7mmNGA Committee.

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 10, 2014

                          Last Call for on line votes.

                          See the web site or the Narrow NEWS for April which, if you've lost the list, members can download from the web site.

                          Otherwise just send your one, two, three to competitions@...

                          Closing time is NOON Friday

                          Even the chairman has voted!

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 15, 2014

                            Yesterday I picked up some copies of Association books and some ratio bogies. I know they all ended up in one carrier bag.

                            By the time I'd collected the Yorkshire Area display, my stands, photobag, tripod models etc I was I think last out of the competition/AGM room.  I'd a quick look round and other that an empty cardboard box and empty carrier bag the room seemed clear. However when I've unpacked the car I haven't got the carrier with books and bogies. It is quite possible that I left it somewhere else, I can remember putting it down by the S&D stand at one time whilst I bought some lamps.

                            If it has it ended up in anyone else's packing up please let me know.

                            Tim, Andy, do you have a phone number for the hall please?

                            Frank

                          • Michael Bellamy
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 15, 2014

                              Sorry I did not see anything left behind - but I didn't go through the rooms at the back as we were based in the main hall. Contact details below copied from their web site

                              Office Opening Hours: 9:00am - 5.00pm
                              Telephone: 01283 508547
                              Email: burton.townhall@...

                              Hope you find the missing items - also ask Rod to put a note in Narrow News . . . .

                              Mike