AGM

  • adrian@pound25.freeserve.co.uk
    Message 1 of 40 , May 13, 2001
      In spite of a gloriously sunny day a record number of members
      attended the AGM and Convention on Saturday.
      Clearly the lure of the garden proved insufficient!

      Trent Valley Group, who deservedly received the Association Award for
      their efforts over the last few years, had organised an excellent mix
      of traders and layouts.
      The catering was just perfect - to arrive at about 9 o'clock to the
      smell of tea and bacon sandwiches, and to enjoy same, was bliss.

      THe AGM itself was relatively swift and there were no contentious
      issues. Howard and Christine Clarke were given a Peter Barnfield
      print as a gesture of thanks for their work collating and stuffing
      Association mailings over recent years - the Comrade Chairman
      estimated something in the order of 30,000 envelopes, I think, it
      might have been more!!

      There were a record number of high quality entries in most classes of
      the competitions, which was very satisfying. Details of these, and
      pictures, should appear in Narrow Lines over the next issues.

      The day is fairly informal, apart from the AGM and there are always
      little rgoups of people peering at alyouts together or gathered
      chatting about this and that, none of the hustle and bustle of many
      exhibitions.

      Don't miss it next year - it really is worth the effort to get along.

      Adrian
    • Andrew Young
      Message 40 of 40 , Jun 20, 2013
        Hi Frank,

        Ah yes, knew I'd miss something off by rushing the plan. Didn't look right when I did it but not twigged until you said! The layout is Tony Kell's excellent Raccoon Canyon Mining.

        My address is in Narrow News.... But should you not be able to find one its:
        7 Church Street, Tutbury, Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire. DE13 9JE.

        I'm around next week, but then away the week after in Wales so will go through the cd as soon as it arrives.

        Cheers,
        Andrew