Mervyn Axson Literary Award 2014

  • Gerald Blaikie
    Message 1 of 4 , May 10, 2014
      Hi,
      I've tried to vote on line  but the last part of the proceedure got me flumoxed! I don't know if i'm POPS or IM--- something, and asking help was useless. Can anybody tell me in simple english where I can find these details? I just expected a simple copy of the form from Narrow News that I could just fill in my preferences. If not I'll post my entry though I've made notes on the form.
      Thanks in advance,
      Gerry B 1047
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 4 , May 10, 2014
        Hi Gerry

        I think your problem is that you are not using a proper email client such as Outlook, Thunderbird etc. It sounds as though you are clicking the "....

        click HERE to open your email client....." link on the webpage. This opens the email client installed with your operating system or Office suite, but, since it has never been configured or used on your system it asks for the Incoming Server(POP3 or IMAP) and Outgoing Server(SMTP). (I don't know who you asked, but your ISP should have provided these details).

        In your case, simply create a new email as you normally would (presumably using some form of webmail), enter competitions@... in the "To" box, and MERVYN AXSON LITERARY AWARD in the subject box.

        Then, proceed as the first part of the instructions - Select and copy your favourite article title and paste it into a new email prefixed by a number 1
        Repeat the process for your second favourite as number 2 and your third as number 3

        I do hope this helps but if not, please let me know

        All the best
        Chris (Webmaster)

        On 10/05/2014 12:40, Gerald Blaikie geraldblaikie@... [7mmnga] wrote:

        Hi,
        I've tried to vote on line  but the last part of the proceedure got me flumoxed! I don't know if i'm POPS or IM--- something, and asking help was useless. Can anybody tell me in simple english where I can find these details? I just expected a simple copy of the form from Narrow News that I could just fill in my preferences. If not I'll post my entry though I've made notes on the form.
        Thanks in advance,
        Gerry B 1047

      • Peter Jackson
        Message 3 of 4 , May 13, 2014
          Not sure about the term "proper email client" - I think Chris means a PC based email client.  The Click Here bit doesn't work for Gmail, Yahoo, etc., but now Chris has given the details, it has reminded me to get my vote in - now on its way!
          Message 4 of 4 , May 14, 2014

            And received Peter, thank you!

            Gerald, if the web based system is causing you problems you can simply write an email to competitions AT 7mmnga.org.uk setting out your chosen votes.

            Please remember to include your membership number.

            Regards,

            Adrian - Steward