Suggestions for coach bogies, please

  • joppyuk1@sky.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2014
      I'm about to make my first bogie coach, and need to get the appropriate units. What suggestions can you give me, bearing in mind that they need to be R-T-R spares or simple plastic kits.
      Coach is based on a Londonderry and Lough Swilly prototype.
      Many thanks.
      Ian Jopson (515)
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2014

        Ian,

        By far the simplest answer is to buy and use Ratio freight bogies intended for 4mm scale.

        They are available in diamond frame and plate frame varieties and may be obtained from Association Sales.

        Having just noticed that you are planning an Irish prototype I wonder whether you are using 16.5mm or 21mm.  If the former there will be no problem.  If the latter it is still possible to use the bogies, it just needs a bit more work to make a slightly wider frame spacer, a very simple operation.

        Regards,

        Adrian - TLO