Forming a Group

  • Martin Davies
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2014
      Hi Everyone

      My name is Martin Davies. I live just outside Shrewsbury,Shropshire in the UK. I have been retired for some time  now.

      Over the past few years I have built up a reasonable collection of  Bachmann ,  On30 locos, coaches and wagons. About  a third of the locos  have been fitted with sound.

      I do not however have any space available to build  a layout. I was wondering if there are any like minded  enthusiasts , in the area,   who would consider coming together to form a group with the aim of building and operating  a North American logging/mining layout.

      I look forward to  hearing from anyone who may be interested.

      Martin

    • Paul davis
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2014
        Martin
        I don't know if this is any help to you.  I am a member of the Slim Gauge Circle ( as well as 7MM) The SGC are for people who are interested in American Narrow gauge of all scales. Within SGC we have a ON30 Modular group known as OTT (On 30 Track and Trestle). We get together 4 times a year at Rugby the meetings are divided thus, May and October are the 2 Slim gauge circle meetings when we put up a limited layout-but still enough to play trains on, January and July/August are just for the On30 group and we put up all the modules, which equate to about 90ft of On30  layout –at present it forms a “P” shape - I say at present because we have new members who are building more modules (some like you don't have room for a layout but one or two 4ft x 2ft modules can usually be stored somewhere!). Besides the above some of the group exhibit their modules as free standing layouts, I shall be showing mine at Sparshott 5 April, and Monmouth 13th April, Stow On the Wold 18th May.  All but Monmouth will be a good drive for you, but if you can make it come and have a chat my modules are called “ Tennessee Extraction Co”. The Next SGC meeting is on the 11th may at L.M.R. Association Club, Hillmorton Road, Hillmorton, Rugby. CV22 5AL, and again you would be more than welcome to come along.
        I am sure you are mainly looking for like minded people in your local vicinity but the above is there if you can go a little further afield.
        Regards
        Paul Davis
        ps I should mention that members of the OTT are from all over the country and one from Scotland