Digital membership

  • Sue & Graham Spencer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 10, 2014
      Hi all

      Please don’t think this is a gripe or a complaint – it’s just a request for some information. On renewing my membership I went for the digital option (partly because I’m running out of space to keep paper copies of Narrow Lines!). I have every confidence that this will work fine, but should I expect some kind of confirmation of my renewal (I have my PayPal receipt), and is there a digital version of the membership card (just in case I ever need to show proof of membership)?  Just wondering.........

      Graham
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 10, 2014
        Graham,

        You should address your questions to David Charlesworth, rather than asking the membership of this group.
        David's address is in Narrow Lines.
        However, I think he may be a trifle busy at the moment processing all the renewals!!

        :-)

        Adrian
      • Ken Dickson
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 11, 2014
          Good question Graham, and if anyone is ever unsure of anything I'm sure that this is the first place to ask for guidance, even if its just pointing at the right committee member.

          I'm sure that David Charlesworth has it in hand, but may be a bit busy at the moment.

          We seem to be a fairly easy going group and I for one have never been asked for my membership card, I think we tended to go on a person's word in the past.

          As this is the first year of digital then there may be some kind of receipt or acknowledgement coming to you, but if there wasn't then I'm sure the Committee will have welcomed the reminder.

          Ken Dickson 4047
        • Bruce Wilson
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 11, 2014
            This is the second time I opted for the digital option and I did get
            an email from David. You will get an email when an issue is ready to download.

            At 07:42 1/11/2014, you wrote:

            >Good question Graham, and if anyone is ever unsure of anything I'm
            >sure that this is the first place to ask for guidance, even if its
            >just pointing at the right committee member.
            >
            >I'm sure that David Charlesworth has it in hand, but may be a bit
            >busy at the moment.
            >
            >We seem to be a fairly easy going group and I for one have never
            >been asked for my membership card, I think we tended to go on a
            >person's word in the past.
            >
            >As this is the first year of digital then there may be some kind of
            >receipt or acknowledgement coming to you, but if there wasn't then
            >I'm sure the Committee will have welcomed the reminder.
            >
            >Ken Dickson 4047

            Bruce Wilson
            Barrie, Ontario
            Life Member NMRA Member Gauge 0 Guild
            Member Scale 7 Group Member 7mm NGA
            Member Bird Studies Canada Member Ontario Bird Banding Association
          • Sue & Graham Spencer
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 11, 2014
              Thanks chaps – that’s all I needed to know.  Adrian, I did intend to e-mail David, and being the generous and friendly chap he is I’m sure he would have responded, but knowing how busy he’ll be at the moment I took the chance that someone who’d used the digital option before might give me the info without adding unnecessarily to David’s “to deal with” load.

              Cheers
              Graham