Colour photos of 16T minerals

  • Roy And Dunja
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 27, 2013
      Good afternoon all
      Having moved my modelling interest from the Edwardian era to the 1960s I have realised that this represents almost as big a change as that presented by changing scale! At least I can claim to have first hand knowledge of this period but it still represents quite a long time ago of course.

      I have quite a few photos of 16T mineral wagons so that I can portray them as I distantly recall them. Can anyone point me in the direction of any colour photos of the insides of these wagons please? I'm hoping to model them full on arrival and empty on departure so would like to 'get it right'.
      Kind regards
      Roy Wood

      Sent from my iPad
    • holcombeline
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 28, 2013

        Type 16T mineral into Google then click on Images.

        You should get pictures of everything on the net labeled under that term.

        Noel

      • holcombeline
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 28, 2013

          Then try typing the full description - 16 ton Mineral.

          This will bring up some different images

          Noel

        • James Corsi
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 29, 2013
            Dear  All,

            The Railfaneurope.net Picture Gallery
            Directory: /pix/gb/car/freight/open_wagon

            Perhaps this might help I am not certain which type you are interesested in.
            best wishes,
            James Corsi

          • Roy And Dunja
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 29, 2013
              Thanks James
              That's a site I've not come across before.
              Kind regards
              Roy

              Sent from my iPad

              On 29 Dec 2013, at 20:47, James Corsi <jamesmcorsi@...> wrote:

              Dear  All,

              The Railfaneurope.net Picture Gallery
              Directory: /pix/gb/car/freight/open_wagon

              Perhaps this might help I am not certain which type you are interesested in.
              best wishes,
              James Corsi

            • David Woodcock
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 30, 2013
                Geoff Kent’s The 4mm Wagon Part 1, published by Wild Swan, has useful pictures (in b/w, sadly) taken at Immingham.

                David Woodcock
              • Bryan Spencer
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 30, 2013
                  Roy.