Which Magazine

  • Tony Davis
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 26, 2013

      I have managed to negotiate with the wife that I can have one more magazine subscription, so I am after some sage advice as where to best spend my money.

      I am already a member of 7mmnag, I subsribe to Model Trains International. I have been buying Narrow Gauge World from WHSmiths for the last few months.

      I have seen 3 titles that I have considered;

      Narrow Gauge World

    • Tony Davis
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 26, 2013

        I have managed to negotiate with the wife that I can have one more magazine subscription, so I am after some sage advice as where to best spend my money.

        I am already a member of 7mmnag, I subscribe to Model Trains International. I have been buying Narrow Gauge World from W.H. Smiths for the last few months.

        I have seen 3 titles that I have considered;

        Narrow Gauge World

        Narrow Gauge & Industrial

        Membership of Narrow Gauge Railway Society

        Any thoughts, any other titles that might be better?

        Kind regards

        Tony D

      • Bruce Wilson
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 26, 2013
          NG&IR. A great magazine.

          At 15:18 12/26/2013, you wrote:

          >I have managed to negotiate with the wife that I can have one more
          >magazine subscription, so I am after some sage advice as where to
          >best spend my money.
          >I am already a member of 7mmnag, I subscribe to Model Trains
          >International. I have been buying Narrow Gauge World from W.H.
          >Smiths for the last few months.
          >I have seen 3 titles that I have considered;
          >Narrow Gauge World
          >Narrow Gauge & Industrial
          >Membership of Narrow Gauge Railway Society
          >
          >Any thoughts, any other titles that might be better?
          >
          >Kind regards
          >
          >Tony D

          Bruce Wilson
          Barrie, Ontario
          Life Member NMRA Member Gauge 0 Guild
          Member Scale 7 Group Member 7mm NGA
          Member Bird Studies Canada Member Ontario Bird Banding Association
        • Darryl Huffman
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 26, 2013
            I agree with Bruce.

            NG&IR and the Gazette are the only ones I subscribe to anymore.

            Darryl Huffman
            451 N Evelyn Way
            Star, ID 83669
            darrylhuffman@...

            Want to learn more about weathering?
            http://ghosttownmodels.com/custom3.html

              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 26, 2013
                Thanks guys, narrow gauge & industrial subscription duly paid.

                Kind regards

                Tony D
              • David Hughes
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 28, 2013
                  If the opportunity arises to add another, then Voie Libre is good (English translation available online).
                  David H, #1603

                  To: 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com
                  From: studiot@...
                  Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 14:57:34 -0800

                  Thanks guys, narrow gauge & industrial subscription duly paid.

                  Kind regards

                  Tony D

                • Rod Hutchinson
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 28, 2013

                    I subscribed to the English Voie Libre. It's a great magazine.

                    Rod

                    To: 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com

                      From: studiot@...
                      Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 14:57:34 -0800

                      Thanks guys, narrow gauge & industrial subscription duly paid.

                      Kind regards

                      Tony D

                    • ian_pither
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 1, 2014

                        The only snag i see is that one must be a member of face book, which i object to.

                        Ian

                      • Bruce Wilson
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 1, 2014
                          No you don't.