SAD NEWS

  • John Baxendale
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 18, 2013

      Fellow Association Members

      It is with deep regret that I have to report that Howard E S Clarke known to many as Nobby passed away suddenly yesterday.

      Nobby was a stalwart of the Association for many years.  Now doubt further details will come forward in due course.

      Regards

      John

      John V Baxendale

      Retired Secretary, Chairman and President

    • Sue & Graham Spencer
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 18, 2013
        Blimey, that is a shock.  Thank you for letting us know, John. He will be very greatly missed.  Deepest sympathies to his family.

        Graham

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 18, 2013
          Our thoughts are with Christine and family.

          Nobby truly was a stalwart as you describe.

          Alan Rogers
          Member 1950
        • ardavis0704
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 18, 2013
            This is a shock. I have only been a member for a short while but already Howard had sent me a few emails with very useful information.That was only 2 days ago.

            Please pass on my condolences to his family

            Kind regards

            Tony
          • Mike Brown
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 18, 2013
              That is a severe shock! I have known Nobby since he joined the Association and have always found him to be what can only be described as a true friend. He used to stay at my house when down south and my mum was very fond of him. His service to the Association is and always has been of the highest quality, he will be sorely missed. My sincerest Condolences to Christine.

              Mike Brown (008)

              On 18 Dec 2013, at 18:21, John Baxendale <baxendale17@...> wrote:

              > Fellow Association Members
              >

              > It is with deep regret that I have to report that Howard E S Clarke known to many as Nobby passed away suddenly yesterday.
              >

              > Nobby was a stalwart of the Association for many years. Now doubt further details will come forward in due course.
              >

              > Regards
              >

              > John
              >

              > John V Baxendale
              >
              > Retired Secretary, Chairman and President
            • tom bell
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 18, 2013
                Indeed  a shock ! Seems only a few days ago he was giving advice to someone on here.

                I remember him being a stalwart of the association back the first time( and second) I joined the association, at least 30 years ago. He was often at shows giving helpful advice to all and sundry and espousing the virtues of the scale.

                He will be sorely missed.

                Tom

                --
              • icress
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 18, 2013
                  Thank you John for this sad news
                  Like many others I have known Howard over many years, my original membership No. was 120
                  He always had time to talk models etc. I will miss him greatly
                  my thoughts are with Christine at this sad time
                  Irvine Cresswell

                  In a message dated 12/18/13 17:22:01 GMT Standard Time, baxendale17@... writes:

                  Fellow Association Members

                  It is with deep regret that I have to report that Howard E S Clarke known to many as Nobby passed away suddenly yesterday.

                  Nobby was a stalwart of the Association for many years.  Now doubt further details will come forward in due course.

                  Regards

                  John

                  John V Baxendale

                  Retired Secretary, Chairman and President

                • James Corsi
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 19, 2013
                    Dear  All,
                    I am very very sad about this, I replied to a recent email I received from Howard, about articles published in magazines, he had an article in January's railway modeller, but it now appears he never receieved it. Very unhappy about this, my deepest condolences to his wife Christine and to all his family and friends much longer than I.
                    best wishes,
                    James Corsi