Re: [7mm NGA] RE: Re: 3d printing

  • Nick Meredith
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 23, 2013
      The non-sequitur to the rest of the discussion that is that last comment can't be allowed to go unchallenged.

      Your initial question and the answers that followed made very clear that this was not an issue of 'ripping off' designs from commercial product to imitate the original designer's product, but of using plans they have released to produce new products.

      While I'm sure everyone would deplore the first practice, what is being discussed here is something that will move the hobby forward, not kill it off. If anything would kill it off, it would be a reliance on anyone who was preparing to produce models to do all their own primary research.

      Yes, I agree it would be polite to let the original producer of the plans know what you intend to do, and offer to credit them as the source of your information - but to imply that by using someone else's plans in this manner is ripping off designs or killing off the hobby is unfair on anyone who uses any secondary research.

      n 23 September 2013 15:59, <guild@...> wrote:

      Too much ripping  off of other people's designs is slowly going to kill off the hobby.

    • Howard Clarke
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 23, 2013

        To Ian in Dutch Alps
        Not sure which drawing you are referring to but send me details and will do all I can to help.
        Howard Clarke
        In Staffordshire Moorlands