BTinternet.com email address

  • gwrcastle
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 8, 2013

      There are no doubt many members who received their email from this Yahoo list using a BTinternet.com email address.

      I am about to lose my BT email as I do not use their broadband and do not wish to pay £1.60 per month. I am concern that as BT also own Yahoo that the access to the list I belong to will also be interrupted. How are other members dealing with these changes?

    • Nick Meredith
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 8, 2013
        I've used a number of Yahoo email groups for a number of years, from a variety of email addresses, none of them supplied by BT.

        I therefore see no reason why anyone should worry about using a Yahoo email list from a non-BT email account.

        Sent from my iPhone
        Nick Meredith

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 8, 2013

          Tony,

          What it might mean is that you have to rejoin each group from your new address. I’d endless trouble with a non Yahoo account because it bounced quite a few group e-mails as spam. So XXX@... was spamming Yahoo group messages. If so many bounce Yahoo ask you to reset your account, presumably on the basis that if you don’t the account (or you) is dead. My solution was to take an e-mail address at Yahoo, free, costs nowt, but Yahoo don’t spam Yahoo. I’m now with BT who in effect use Yahoo as their e-mail provider, so I’ve dumped the @yahoo account.

          The point being, whoever you end up with, set up a Yahoo account and rejoin all your groups with that address.

          Frank

        • narolines
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 8, 2013

            I've never had a BT or a Yahoo e-mail address and never had the slightest problem with Yahoo groups; I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

            Graham

            --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, <7mmnga@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            There are no doubt many members who received their email from this Yahoo list using a BTinternet.com email address.

            I am about to lose my BT email as I do not use their broadband and do not wish to pay £1.60 per month. I am concern that as BT also own Yahoo that the access to the list I belong to will also be interrupted. How are other members dealing with these changes?

          • stuart
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 8, 2013
              i have 2 email addresses attached to my yahoo account (non of them a yahoo email )
              and i can choose which to use (at any time) for my notifications.
              stuart
              What it might mean is that you have to rejoin each group from your new address. I’d endless trouble with a non Yahoo account because it bounced quite a few group e-mails as spam. So XXX@... was spamming Yahoo group messages. If so many bounce Yahoo ask you to reset your account, presumably on the basis that if you don’t the account (or you) is dead. My solution was to take an e-mail address at Yahoo, free, costs nowt, but Yahoo don’t spam Yahoo. I’m now with BT who in effect use Yahoo as their e-mail provider, so I’ve dumped the @yahoo account.

              The point being, whoever you end up with, set up a Yahoo account and rejoin all your groups with that address.

              Frank

            • Tony S
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 9, 2013

                Thank you for the very helpful comments on and off list.  Hopefully the optimism expressed will be translated to the actual experience of changing my email address.

                Tony S.

              • Michael
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 9, 2013
                  It should not be too traumatic, except that Yahoo have been messing around with their groups.

                  I belong to a variety of groups and they go to a couple of different email accounts and from the Manage your groups settings I could tell it which address to send the posts to and what settings to use such as digest format and so on. So if you add your new email account to it you should be able to move the accounts across easily enough.

                  I had a look there now I and I cannot even find where the groups are. No, I am wrong it is in the More Yahoo Sites and after that Groups and eventually Edit My Groups looks the same as it always did.

                  This link might work:

                  Good hunting,
                  Michael