Re: [7mm NGA] Vote for Old Yahoo Format

  • Mike Brown
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2013
      On an Apple Mac, OSX 10.8.4 and the latest Safari browser it works fine. Horrible case of 'improving' that which worked fine in the first place, but works ok.

      Mike (008)

      On 1 Sep 2013, at 11:06, Roger Whiffin <roger48_gb@...> wrote:

      > Please excuse any crosspostings here BUT
      >
      > It has been brought to my notice that Yahoo has foisted a new format "NEO" on some groups an others are changing.
      > It can mean a loss of the groups photo on the yahoo front page and has caused nightmares for some group administrators.
      >
      > Some people are getting different front pages on Android and MS browsers

    • Bruce Wilson
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2013
        This was posted on the GMF group. It will help change the cover
        photo. Hover your mouse over the right side and a change photo icon
        will appear, Browse to the photo and hit save.

        "I took a few minutes to figure out the Cover Photo.

        The Cover Photo for NEO should be size 799 x 195 @ resolution of 96 dpi.

        This is widescreen (yeah, duh) probably to accommodate the more and more
        widescreens being sold out there.

        Yes, that did not immediately help as my old cover photo was a square.

        Solution: I used a photo editor, created a blank canvas that was 799 x 195,
        made the background a different color to accommodate the white group name
        (as someone complained about) and then copied my old square photo on to the
        right side."

        At 05:06 9/1/2013, you wrote:
        >Please excuse any crosspostings here BUT
        >
        >It has been brought to my notice that Yahoo has foisted a new format
        >"NEO" on some groups an others are changing.
        >It can mean a loss of the groups photo on the yahoo front page and
        >has caused nightmares for some group administrators.
        >
        >Some people are getting different front pages on Android and MS browsers

        Bruce Wilson
        Barrie, Ontario
        Life Member NMRA Member Gauge 0 Guild
        Member Scale 7 Group Member 7mm NGA
        Member Bird Studies Canada Member Ontario Bird Banding Association
      • psteinmetz

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2013
             Sorry to be the only one in the world to disagree but I am now quite liking the new format..... The group moderators need to fix the picture - John Clutterbuck fixed the 014 group photo to a nice long thin shot of the Penrhyn Ladies within hours of 'going neo'
             You can click between different conversations more easily,  add to them more easily, see a nice selection of photo albums more easily
            and it displays better on my iphone.  Some have reported spurious html text appearing in their emails on the Ff R group, but i cannot find any on my display.

            Finally I can click between my groups on the left side panel much more quickly than before.
            so my vote is stop wingeing and get used to it!!
            Paul
          • Brian Rumary
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 4, 2013
              On 02/09/2013 18:01, heatonwood@... wrote:
              >  Sorry to be the only one in the world to disagree but I am now quite liking the new format..... The group moderators need to fix the picture - John Clutterbuck fixed the 014 group photo to a nice long thin shot of the Penrhyn Ladies within hours of 'going neo'
              >  You can click between different conversations more easily,  add to them more easily, see a nice selection of photo albums more easily
              > and it displays better on my iphone.  Some have reported spurious html text appearing in their emails on the Ff R group, but i cannot find any on my display.
              >
              > Finally I can click between my groups on the left side panel much more quickly than before.
              > so my vote is stop wingeing and get used to it!!
              > Paul

              One thing I would like to see fixed is the fact that some members
              messages keep having a code " " appearing throughout their text.
              What is this?

              --
              Brian Rumary
              England