Loco name plates

  • allen.morgan
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 14, 2013
      Hello all
      I seek help, please.
      About 18months to 3 years ago I purchased some loco name plates from a
      comprehensive list.
      The name was Kat plates or Key plates or similar if I recall correctly. I
      think the persons name may have be Butler.
      As I have lost the details can anyone advise if these plates are still
      available and where from please?

      Regards
      Allen Morgan
      W.E.Lt.R.
    • Howard Clarke
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 14, 2013
        Hi Allen
        Butler, Kay
        E-mail Address(es):
        info@...
        Personal Information:
        36 Field Barn Drive
        WEYMOUTH Dorset DT4 0ED
        Phone: 01305 772 687
        Happy Modelling
        Howard 215

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 14, 2013
          Hi Allen,

          Kay Butler aka Wrightlines would be the source. Kay has now retired but has
          supplied some plates to me since, maybe what was left.

          If you have no luck there go to Narrow Planet. Will make to order and you
          get a proof first. No quick, but good and cheaper than Guilplates.

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 14, 2013
            Allen,

            If you cannot get what you want from Kay Butler (info given by Howard & Frank) I strongly recommend seeking help from Stephen Fulljames who trades as Narrowplanet. www.narrowplanet.co.uk
            A visit to the website will give you an idea of what Stephen can do.
            I write as both TLO and owner of some excellent George England works plates!

            Adrian

            --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "allen.morgan" <allen.morgan@...> wrote:

            > Hello all
            > I seek help, please.
            > About 18months to 3 years ago I purchased some loco name plates from a
            > comprehensive list.
            > The name was Kat plates or Key plates or similar if I recall correctly. I
            > think the persons name may have be Butler.
            > As I have lost the details can anyone advise if these plates are still
            > available and where from please?
            >
            > Regards
            > Allen Morgan
            > W.E.Lt.R.

          • David Hughes

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 15, 2013
                Yes, full range of TR steam loco plates are available from the TR shop in 4, 7 and 16mm scales, and diesels 5 'Midlander', 8 'Merseysider' and 9 'Alf' are available from NP in 16mm scale, should be simple to get 7mm ones made too. NP as stated gives good service. The Keykits plates were also very good, with various TR steam and diesel plates in 7mm scale. I think Kay may now have retired completely, certainly she ceased taking new commissions for plates several years ago.

                Geoff