Re: Austrian ng coaches

  • vannerley
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 16, 2013
      It is possible James - indeed I have but no longer run an 8 window bogie coach: the trouble is that it looks out of place and because of the window spacing being much too close it is not very satisfying. The FMT coaches are barely 3/4 the length they should be and sticking two together somehow magnifies that.

      Continental Modeller did an article a very long time ago in which someone at the Peco workshop built such a coach - and used parts of the underframe to create bogies.

      Having said that, I have seen some double length freight stock that looked more convincing, vaguely Bosnian - or perhaps the Mariazellerbahn on a misty day (!) - that might be because the freight stock is more broadly correct in the first place. But there, I guess the (Koenigliche)Ruritanische Staatseisenbahn can run whatever its CME fancies ...

      2284
      David Vannerley
    • James C
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 17, 2013
        Dear David,
        Yes. It is one of the benefits, and no rivet counters.
        best wishes,
        James