Minimum track radius L&M loco

  • ianj0trains
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 10, 2013
      Hi David,

      Regrettably I never seem to finish layouts I start, but on the current project I have a 180 degree curve that is just over 3' radius, and the L&M will go around that without difficulty.

      However, as noted by others, it does need to be modified. Mine has the lateral springing in the rear bogie reduced to about 50% of the original pressure, and the front truck clearance in the frames needs to be opened up. I think I also lengthened the front truck mounting slightly to give it a bit more clearance from the cylinders.

      Regards

      Ian J
      Melb, Aust.