Re: New Member

  • tom
    Message 1 of 48 , Jun 28, 2013
      Oe is the designation used in Europe for O scale models running on 16.5 track.

      It's normally uses 1:45 scale instead of the British 1:43.5.

      See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On30

      Tom
    • meconicuk
      Message 48 of 48 , Jul 2, 2013
        Peter.

        Thanks for the info on where the Gamle Carlsberg track plan can be
        found. I noticed there's an
        article on the layout in one of the archive editions on Narrow Lines.

        Mac

        --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, peter page wrote:

        > Mac - and anyone else who's starting out -
        >

        > Get yourself a copy of the Association's 'Getting Started' and 'Small
        Layouts' Handbooks. Gamle Carlsberg is one of the layouts featured, with
        a track plan, in 'Small Layouts'. Bob Machin deals with Handbook Sales.
        His contact details are in Narrow Lines.

        > 0e is the European 1:45 scale equivalent of 0-16.5 (1:43.5) and 0n30
        (1:48). They all run on 16.5mm gauge track, but the differences in scale
        can sometimes be significant