Re: [7mm NGA] Eric Cope - Just heard from Joyce

  • Andrew Young
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2013
      This news has also appeared on the Talyllyn e-group through member (and fellow NGRS member) Tim Hudson.

      One item might interest those on this group bearing in mind the number of models of the Corris van I've seen:

      "Whilst interest on the ex-Corris stock at Mach always focused on the two
      locos there were also, of course, the wagons and the brakevan. Eric, who
      was then in his middle 20s, bought the brakevan for use, ostensibly (I
      believe) for use as a home for his model railway, at (was it?) the
      princely sum of 10/- (50p). He later changed his mind on this - he
      suggested to me once that it might have been what wife might have said
      to him, and so the 'Corris Van' came to the TR."

      Cheers,
      Andrew