Re: AGM

  • Pete Lynes
    Message 1 of 40 , Jun 12, 2013
      Hi All

      I travelled to the AGM from Dewsbury (but then, everyone's got to come from
      somewhere)

      I joined 7mmnga earlier this year, just too late for NGN

      I liked the look of 7mmnga because the members I spoke to, and read about,
      were happy to talk about such rarities as fun and enjoyment with our hobby

      I've been a member of other societies, local and national, and over the
      years, found that so many of the folk there had started believing their own
      hype, that membership was serious hard work.

      I met 7mmnga members at York, and at GOG at Cleckheaton. They've all been
      approachable, even friendly, articulate, interesting and knowledgeable in
      their own interests.

      The impression I got from spending the day at Burton, was of a very neat,
      friendly exhibition, and an AGM that showed all the signs of a society that
      was happy with itself

      My view, for what it's worth, is that the format is spot-on, don't mess with
      it, though if you could ensure that the bar doesn't run out of beer, I'm
      sure that it would be appreciated by many!

      I met and chatted with a whole bunch of modellers, traders (not mutually
      exclusive categories) and visitors, and came away inspired

      My only disappointment was that I didn't get another view of the most
      excellent "Park Road, Ashbourne", even though that must be a nightmare to
      show for only one day! (you can't have everything!)

      Many congrats to the whole team, I viewed my day at Burton as well-spent!

      Cheers

      Pete Lynes (#4431)

    • Andrew Young
      Message 40 of 40 , Jun 20, 2013
        Hi Frank,

        Ah yes, knew I'd miss something off by rushing the plan. Didn't look right when I did it but not twigged until you said! The layout is Tony Kell's excellent Raccoon Canyon Mining.

        My address is in Narrow News.... But should you not be able to find one its:
        7 Church Street, Tutbury, Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire. DE13 9JE.

        I'm around next week, but then away the week after in Wales so will go through the cd as soon as it arrives.

        Cheers,
        Andrew