Re: Convention Trophies

  • Paul Holmes
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 12, 2013
      Hi David
      Thank you for compliments. Only result I know is the kit built loco award went to Keith Millard for a splendid model of WHR Caernarfon Castle Funkey diesel which also took the FR trophy. I would like to have spent longer examining it.
      Hope Keith will write it up for the 7mm association rag?? Or if he reads this a quick run down on construction here?? I am sure Peter would like an article and we haven't read anything from Keith for a while. He was a prolific and informative author so look forward to an exposé.
      Paul

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 17, 2013
        Complete results of the Competitions, along with photographs will appear in the next (August) mailing from the Association.

        Adrian the Steward

        --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Holmes" <heatonwood@...> wrote:

        > Hi David
        > Thank you for compliments. Only result I know is the kit built loco award went to Keith Millard for a splendid model of WHR Caernarfon Castle Funkey diesel which also took the FR trophy. I would like to have spent longer examining it.
        > Hope Keith will write it up for the 7mm association rag?? Or if he reads this a quick run down on construction here?? I am sure Peter would like an article and we haven't read anything from Keith for a while. He was a prolific and informative author so look forward to an exposé.
        > Paul
        >
        > --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "DAVID" <formerchurchwarden@> wrote:
        > >

        > > I know at least 2 of the awards this year went deservedly to Paul
        > > Holmes, because they sat on our demonstration table. But who else won
        > > the various categories?
        > >
        > > David H, #1603

      • David Hughes
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 17, 2013
          I must remember to listen next time, since they seem to be such a closely guarded secret between the public event and the private mailing.
          David H, #1603

          To: 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com
          From: adrian@...
          Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 11:19:28 +0000
          Subject: [7mm NGA] Re: Convention Trophies

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 20, 2013
            David,

            Its not so much 'secret' as 'a courtesy to members', as Frank explained.
            However, I recognise that, in the past, when our AGMs have been that bit earlier, the wait between event and publication of information was much shorter.

            Therefore, I am about to post a simple table setting out the results as a Word file in the files section of this Group. It won't get you the photographs any sooner but, you will have the information!

            Regards,

            Adrian the Steward :-)

            --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, David Hughes <formerchurchwarden@...> wrote:

            > I must remember to listen next time, since they seem to be such a closely guarded secret between the public event and the private mailing.
            > David H, #1603
            >
            > To: 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com
            > From: adrian@...
            > Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 11:19:28 +0000
            > Subject: [7mm NGA] Re: Convention Trophies

            > Complete results of the Competitions, along with photographs will appear in the next (August) mailing from the Association.
            >

            > Adrian the Steward
            >

            > --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Holmes" <heatonwood@> wrote:
            >

            > > Hi David
            >
            > > Thank you for compliments. Only result I know is the kit built loco award went to Keith Millard for a splendid model of WHR Caernarfon Castle Funkey diesel which also took the FR trophy. I would like to have spent longer examining it.
            >
            > > Hope Keith will write it up for the 7mm association rag?? Or if he reads this a quick run down on construction here?? I am sure Peter would like an article and we haven't read anything from Keith for a while. He was a prolific and informative author so look forward to an exposé.
            >
            > > Paul
            >

            > > --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "DAVID" <formerchurchwarden@> wrote:
            >

            > > > I know at least 2 of the awards this year went deservedly to Paul
            >
            > > > Holmes, because they sat on our demonstration table. But who else won
            >
            > > > the various categories?
            >

            > > > David H, #1603

          • David Hughes
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 21, 2013