Convention Trophies

  • DAVID
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 11, 2013
      I know at least 2 of the awards this year went deservedly to Paul
      Holmes, because they sat on our demonstration table. But who else won
      the various categories?

      David H, #1603
    • Paul Holmes
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 12, 2013
        Hi David
        Thank you for compliments. Only result I know is the kit built loco award went to Keith Millard for a splendid model of WHR Caernarfon Castle Funkey diesel which also took the FR trophy. I would like to have spent longer examining it.
        Hope Keith will write it up for the 7mm association rag?? Or if he reads this a quick run down on construction here?? I am sure Peter would like an article and we haven't read anything from Keith for a while. He was a prolific and informative author so look forward to an exposé.
        Paul

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 17, 2013
          Complete results of the Competitions, along with photographs will appear in the next (August) mailing from the Association.

          Adrian the Steward

          --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Holmes" <heatonwood@...> wrote:

          > Hi David
          > Thank you for compliments. Only result I know is the kit built loco award went to Keith Millard for a splendid model of WHR Caernarfon Castle Funkey diesel which also took the FR trophy. I would like to have spent longer examining it.
          > Hope Keith will write it up for the 7mm association rag?? Or if he reads this a quick run down on construction here?? I am sure Peter would like an article and we haven't read anything from Keith for a while. He was a prolific and informative author so look forward to an exposé.
          > Paul
          >
          > --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "DAVID" <formerchurchwarden@> wrote:
          > >

          > > I know at least 2 of the awards this year went deservedly to Paul
          > > Holmes, because they sat on our demonstration table. But who else won
          > > the various categories?
          > >
          > > David H, #1603

        • David Hughes
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 17, 2013
            I must remember to listen next time, since they seem to be such a closely guarded secret between the public event and the private mailing.
            David H, #1603

            To: 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com
            From: adrian@...
            Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 11:19:28 +0000
            Subject: [7mm NGA] Re: Convention Trophies

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 20, 2013
              David,

              Its not so much 'secret' as 'a courtesy to members', as Frank explained.
              However, I recognise that, in the past, when our AGMs have been that bit earlier, the wait between event and publication of information was much shorter.

              Therefore, I am about to post a simple table setting out the results as a Word file in the files section of this Group. It won't get you the photographs any sooner but, you will have the information!

              Regards,

              Adrian the Steward :-)

              --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, David Hughes <formerchurchwarden@...> wrote:

              > I must remember to listen next time, since they seem to be such a closely guarded secret between the public event and the private mailing.
              > David H, #1603
              >
              > To: 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com
              > From: adrian@...
              > Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 11:19:28 +0000
              > Subject: [7mm NGA] Re: Convention Trophies

              > Complete results of the Competitions, along with photographs will appear in the next (August) mailing from the Association.
              >

              > Adrian the Steward
              >

              > --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Holmes" <heatonwood@> wrote:
              >

              > > Hi David
              >
              > > Thank you for compliments. Only result I know is the kit built loco award went to Keith Millard for a splendid model of WHR Caernarfon Castle Funkey diesel which also took the FR trophy. I would like to have spent longer examining it.
              >
              > > Hope Keith will write it up for the 7mm association rag?? Or if he reads this a quick run down on construction here?? I am sure Peter would like an article and we haven't read anything from Keith for a while. He was a prolific and informative author so look forward to an exposé.
              >
              > > Paul
              >

              > > --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "DAVID" <formerchurchwarden@> wrote:
              >

              > > > I know at least 2 of the awards this year went deservedly to Paul
              >
              > > > Holmes, because they sat on our demonstration table. But who else won
              >
              > > > the various categories?
              >

              > > > David H, #1603

            • David Hughes
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 21, 2013