Re: [7mm NGA] AGM

  • The Evisons
    Message 1 of 40 , Jun 10, 2013
      Mike,

      I am not sure this suggestion will survive your refusal to countenance a change of location, but here goes anyway.

      My suggestion is to attach the AGM to another major narrow gauge show, perhaps ExpoNG (Swanley) or Small and Delightful (Shepton) one year and Narrow Gauge North (Leeds) the other. Your target audience may well be visiting the show anyway, so roping them in to the AGM may increase attendance and widen the percentage of members attending at least one or the other. The current Burton show could then become a 'Narrow Gauge Midland' show and widen the appeal beyond 7mm narrow gauge to a more general narrow gauge audience, while still retaining a core 'best of 7mmNG' theme.

      My local club (Farnham and District MRC) hosted the 2mmFS (I think) AGM - they got a good location, we got some cracking layouts and our numbers were up. Trebles all round!

      Julian

      Message 40 of 40 , Jun 20, 2013
        Hi Frank,

        Ah yes, knew I'd miss something off by rushing the plan. Didn't look right when I did it but not twigged until you said! The layout is Tony Kell's excellent Raccoon Canyon Mining.

        My address is in Narrow News.... But should you not be able to find one its:
        7 Church Street, Tutbury, Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire. DE13 9JE.

        I'm around next week, but then away the week after in Wales so will go through the cd as soon as it arrives.

        Cheers,
        Andrew