RE: [7mm NGA] EMA Plastic Weld Substitute

    Message 1 of 8 , May 15, 2013
      Howard,

      Dichloromethane available by the gallon on the net, no problems. On e-bay at
      £24 a gallon, I’m sure I paid half that. Look around.

      Frank, another ex chemist!

      _____

      Message 2 of 8 , May 15, 2013
        way back (early 1970's) I was told (by a proffesional modelmaker) that dichloromethane was 'dodgy' stuff and difficult to get hold of.  Oddly though I just 'googled'  it and found you can buy it from Amazon!
        amongst others.  Read the health warnings before using it. Loads of info. on Google.

        This is like most things these days it seems ......."bad for you" ... HSE rules the world NOT the meek!!!
        What happened to Common Sense?

        Regards,
        Rob
        Message 3 of 8 , May 16, 2013
          Rob wrote:

          "What happened to Common Sense?"

          The last traces disappeared in Britain with the emergence of UKIP.

          Cross the Channel and you will find that it mysteriously reappears in bucket fulls.

          David Woodcock

          Message 4 of 8 , May 16, 2013
            Friends,

            Please can we remember that this is a discussion group dealing with model railways (and a bit of prototype, if it helps).
            It is not a political forum.

            Adrian - Moderating

            --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, David Woodcock <dandewoodcock@...> wrote:

            > Rob wrote:
            >
            > "What happened to Common Sense?"
            >
            > The last traces disappeared in Britain with the emergence of UKIP.
            >
            > Cross the Channel and you will find that it mysteriously reappears in bucket fulls.
            >
            > David Woodcock

          • mick7ng
            Message 5 of 8 , May 23, 2013
              Thanks for the information everybody. I think for the amount I use I will stick with EMA Plastic Weld.

              Regards Mike Lee