Re: [7mm NGA] Steam 150. Ff R

  • Paul Holmes
    Message 1 of 16 , May 13, 2013
      So buy the full version in HD stereo!!
      Paul, Marketing hard....

      --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, Mike Brown <mike_brown@...> wrote:

      > Frank
      >
      > I totally agree with you. That is a very good video totally spoilt by the inane wailings of someone who thinks he can sing. It was shot with sound so let everyone hear the sound, which is what railway enthusiasts would like to hear in preference to that caterwauling!
      >
      > Mike
      >
      > On 13 May 2013, at 10:57, Frank Sharp <frank.j.sharp@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Ryk,
      > >
      > > If I try turning off the picture I can also imagine the smell!
      > >
      > > The point I'm trying to make is that it was obviously shot with sound, so
      > > why not have that sound more prevalent and the music if needed at all much
      > > more in the background?
      > >
      > > Frank
      > >
      > > _,___

    • Frank Metcalf
      Message 2 of 16 , May 13, 2013
        So on the full version in HD sound there is no Electric Bluebirds in the foreground? Frank Metcalf To: 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com
        From: heatonwood@...
        Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 11:10:53 +0000
        Subject: Re: [7mm NGA] Steam 150. Ff R

        So buy the full version in HD stereo!!

        Paul, Marketing hard....

        --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, Mike Brown <mike_brown@...> wrote:

        > Frank

        > I totally agree with you. That is a very good video totally spoilt by the inane wailings of someone who thinks he can sing. It was shot with sound so let everyone hear the sound, which is what railway enthusiasts would like to hear in preference to that caterwauling!

        > Mike

        > On 13 May 2013, at 10:57, Frank Sharp <frank.j.sharp@...> wrote:

        > > Ryk,

        > > If I try turning off the picture I can also imagine the smell!

        > > The point I'm trying to make is that it was obviously shot with sound, so

        > > why not have that sound more prevalent and the music if needed at all much

        > > more in the background?

        > > Frank

        > > _,___

      • David Hughes
        Message 3 of 16 , May 13, 2013
          Really enjoyable, singing included: not to everyone's taste, of course, but then diesel and petrol loco lovers are used to being overlooked :-)
          Maybe Frank S would have preferred a girl band?
          David H, #1603
          Wiltshire UK

        • Frank Savery
          Message 4 of 16 , May 13, 2013
            I think you can be assured that Frank S (and this Frank S) would have
            preffered NO band, Boy, Girl or anything in between.

            Cheers,
            Frank Savery,
            District Manager, CIE Cildargan Section
            also Owner, Operator, Chief Cook & Bottle Washer,
            Lakes District Portage Railway
            and King Island Tramway, Tasmania

            On 13/05/2013 10:43 PM, David Hughes wrote:
            > Really enjoyable, singing included: not to everyone's taste, of course, but then diesel and petrol loco lovers are used to being overlooked :-)
            > Maybe Frank S would have preferred a girl band?
            > David H, #1603
            > Wiltshire UK

          • Phil Traxson
            Message 5 of 16 , May 13, 2013
              On one of the forums John assures them that the full production does not
              have the music.

              Phil T.

              Really enjoyable, singing included: not to everyone's taste, of course, but
              then diesel and petrol loco lovers are used to being overlooked :-)
              Maybe Frank S would have preferred a girl band?
              David H, #1603
              Wiltshire UK

              -----
              No virus found in this message.

              -----
              Message 6 of 16 , May 13, 2013
                Great,
                I presume that's because they couldn't find enough cats to castrate
                without anasthetic, to fill a whole disc. :-D

                On 13/05/2013 10:53 PM, Phil Traxson wrote:

                > On one of the forums John assures them that the full production does not
                > have the music.
                >
                > Phil T.

              • Paul Martin
                Message 7 of 16 , May 13, 2013
                  Could it be that the irritating music in the free taster is
                  to stop tight so and so�s just downloading it and to mask the screams of
                  their wallets as they stump up for the paid music free version?

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 13, 2013
                    Paul,

                    More likely that some 'stooge', me, would complain and get it more
                    publicity?

                    I assume though, as the author has said on another web site that there isn't
                    music on the DVD, the two Franks on this group aren't the only ones not
                    suited by the unconnected wailing.

                    Frank

                    P.S. Girl bands are preferable, but even more so with the sound off. I'm old
                    enough to remember 'Pans People'.
                  • stephen griffiths
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 13, 2013
                      I bet the shot of the 'up train' passing Boston Lodge hauled by a *garratt*
                      will confuse some people!

                      Message 10 of 16 , May 14, 2013
                        >>I bet the shot of the 'up train' passing Boston Lodge hauled by a
                        *garratt* will confuse some people!<<
                        Not half as much as the clown driving it confused the punters. On a whim
                        he decided to see how far he could get with the shuttle and met the drain
                        pipe of #3 Boston Lodge. Trouble with that was that the coaches were
                        totally out of the platform.