Re: [7mm NGA] Steam 150. Ff R

  • Mike Brown
    Message 1 of 16 , May 13, 2013

      I totally agree with you. That is a very good video totally spoilt by the inane wailings of someone who thinks he can sing. It was shot with sound so let everyone hear the sound, which is what railway enthusiasts would like to hear in preference to that caterwauling!

      Mike

      On 13 May 2013, at 10:57, Frank Sharp <frank.j.sharp@...> wrote:

      > Ryk,
      >
      > If I try turning off the picture I can also imagine the smell!
      >
      > The point I'm trying to make is that it was obviously shot with sound, so
      > why not have that sound more prevalent and the music if needed at all much
      > more in the background?
      >
      > Frank
      >
      > _,___

    • Paul Holmes
      Message 2 of 16 , May 13, 2013
        So buy the full version in HD stereo!!
        Paul, Marketing hard....

        --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, Mike Brown <mike_brown@...> wrote:

        > Frank
        >
        > I totally agree with you. That is a very good video totally spoilt by the inane wailings of someone who thinks he can sing. It was shot with sound so let everyone hear the sound, which is what railway enthusiasts would like to hear in preference to that caterwauling!
        >
        > Mike
        >
        > On 13 May 2013, at 10:57, Frank Sharp <frank.j.sharp@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Ryk,
        > >
        > > If I try turning off the picture I can also imagine the smell!
        > >
        > > The point I'm trying to make is that it was obviously shot with sound, so
        > > why not have that sound more prevalent and the music if needed at all much
        > > more in the background?
        > >
        > > Frank
        > >
        > > _,___

      • Frank Metcalf
        Message 3 of 16 , May 13, 2013
          So on the full version in HD sound there is no Electric Bluebirds in the foreground? Frank Metcalf To: 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com
          From: heatonwood@...
          Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 11:10:53 +0000
          Subject: Re: [7mm NGA] Steam 150. Ff R

          So buy the full version in HD stereo!!

          Paul, Marketing hard....

          --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, Mike Brown <mike_brown@...> wrote:

          > Frank

          > I totally agree with you. That is a very good video totally spoilt by the inane wailings of someone who thinks he can sing. It was shot with sound so let everyone hear the sound, which is what railway enthusiasts would like to hear in preference to that caterwauling!

          > Mike

          > On 13 May 2013, at 10:57, Frank Sharp <frank.j.sharp@...> wrote:

          > > Ryk,

          > > If I try turning off the picture I can also imagine the smell!

          > > The point I'm trying to make is that it was obviously shot with sound, so

          > > why not have that sound more prevalent and the music if needed at all much

          > > more in the background?

          > > Frank

          > > _,___

        • David Hughes
          Message 4 of 16 , May 13, 2013
            Really enjoyable, singing included: not to everyone's taste, of course, but then diesel and petrol loco lovers are used to being overlooked :-)
            Maybe Frank S would have preferred a girl band?
            David H, #1603
            Wiltshire UK

          • Frank Savery
            Message 5 of 16 , May 13, 2013
              I think you can be assured that Frank S (and this Frank S) would have
              preffered NO band, Boy, Girl or anything in between.

              Cheers,
              Frank Savery,
              District Manager, CIE Cildargan Section
              also Owner, Operator, Chief Cook & Bottle Washer,
              Lakes District Portage Railway
              and King Island Tramway, Tasmania

              On 13/05/2013 10:43 PM, David Hughes wrote:
              > Really enjoyable, singing included: not to everyone's taste, of course, but then diesel and petrol loco lovers are used to being overlooked :-)
              > Maybe Frank S would have preferred a girl band?
              > David H, #1603
              > Wiltshire UK

            • Phil Traxson
              Message 6 of 16 , May 13, 2013
                On one of the forums John assures them that the full production does not
                have the music.

                Phil T.

                Really enjoyable, singing included: not to everyone's taste, of course, but
                then diesel and petrol loco lovers are used to being overlooked :-)
                Maybe Frank S would have preferred a girl band?
                David H, #1603
                Wiltshire UK

                -----
                No virus found in this message.

                -----
                Message 7 of 16 , May 13, 2013
                  Great,
                  I presume that's because they couldn't find enough cats to castrate
                  without anasthetic, to fill a whole disc. :-D

                  On 13/05/2013 10:53 PM, Phil Traxson wrote:

                  > On one of the forums John assures them that the full production does not
                  > have the music.
                  >
                  > Phil T.

                • Paul Martin
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 13, 2013
                    Could it be that the irritating music in the free taster is
                    to stop tight so and so�s just downloading it and to mask the screams of
                    their wallets as they stump up for the paid music free version?

                    Message 9 of 16 , May 13, 2013
                      Paul,

                      More likely that some 'stooge', me, would complain and get it more
                      publicity?

                      I assume though, as the author has said on another web site that there isn't
                      music on the DVD, the two Franks on this group aren't the only ones not
                      suited by the unconnected wailing.

                      Frank

                      P.S. Girl bands are preferable, but even more so with the sound off. I'm old
                      enough to remember 'Pans People'.
                    • stephen griffiths
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 13, 2013
                        I bet the shot of the 'up train' passing Boston Lodge hauled by a *garratt*
                        will confuse some people!

                        Message 11 of 16 , May 14, 2013
                          >>I bet the shot of the 'up train' passing Boston Lodge hauled by a
                          *garratt* will confuse some people!<<
                          Not half as much as the clown driving it confused the punters. On a whim
                          he decided to see how far he could get with the shuttle and met the drain
                          pipe of #3 Boston Lodge. Trouble with that was that the coaches were
                          totally out of the platform.