Re: [7mm NGA] Steam 150. Ff R

  • Ryk Parkinson
    Message 1 of 16 , May 13 1:51 AM
      Try turning the speakers off and imagining the sounds!!

      Ryk

      Message 2 of 16 , May 13 1:57 AM
        Ryk,

        If I try turning off the picture I can also imagine the smell!

        The point I'm trying to make is that it was obviously shot with sound, so
        why not have that sound more prevalent and the music if needed at all much
        more in the background?

        Frank

        _,___

      • Paul Holmes
        Message 3 of 16 , May 13 2:26 AM
          It's just to wet the proverbial whistle. So you feel the need to contact the Festshop and order the full DVD which I am sure will come with a full sound track of glorious chuffs and real whistles.
          Having watched it three times now, the tune is growing on me !!
          Paul
        • Mike Brown
          Message 4 of 16 , May 13 2:37 AM

            I totally agree with you. That is a very good video totally spoilt by the inane wailings of someone who thinks he can sing. It was shot with sound so let everyone hear the sound, which is what railway enthusiasts would like to hear in preference to that caterwauling!

            Mike

            On 13 May 2013, at 10:57, Frank Sharp <frank.j.sharp@...> wrote:

            > Ryk,
            >
            > If I try turning off the picture I can also imagine the smell!
            >
            > The point I'm trying to make is that it was obviously shot with sound, so
            > why not have that sound more prevalent and the music if needed at all much
            > more in the background?
            >
            > Frank
            >
            > _,___

          • Paul Holmes
            Message 5 of 16 , May 13 4:10 AM
              So buy the full version in HD stereo!!
              Paul, Marketing hard....

              --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, Mike Brown <mike_brown@...> wrote:

              > Frank
              >
              > I totally agree with you. That is a very good video totally spoilt by the inane wailings of someone who thinks he can sing. It was shot with sound so let everyone hear the sound, which is what railway enthusiasts would like to hear in preference to that caterwauling!
              >
              > Mike
              >
              > On 13 May 2013, at 10:57, Frank Sharp <frank.j.sharp@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Ryk,
              > >
              > > If I try turning off the picture I can also imagine the smell!
              > >
              > > The point I'm trying to make is that it was obviously shot with sound, so
              > > why not have that sound more prevalent and the music if needed at all much
              > > more in the background?
              > >
              > > Frank
              > >
              > > _,___

            • Frank Metcalf
              Message 6 of 16 , May 13 4:58 AM
                So on the full version in HD sound there is no Electric Bluebirds in the foreground? Frank Metcalf To: 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com
                From: heatonwood@...
                Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 11:10:53 +0000

                So buy the full version in HD stereo!!

                Paul, Marketing hard....

                --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, Mike Brown <mike_brown@...> wrote:

                > Frank

                > I totally agree with you. That is a very good video totally spoilt by the inane wailings of someone who thinks he can sing. It was shot with sound so let everyone hear the sound, which is what railway enthusiasts would like to hear in preference to that caterwauling!

                > Mike

                > On 13 May 2013, at 10:57, Frank Sharp <frank.j.sharp@...> wrote:

                > > Ryk,

                > > If I try turning off the picture I can also imagine the smell!

                > > The point I'm trying to make is that it was obviously shot with sound, so

                > > why not have that sound more prevalent and the music if needed at all much

                > > more in the background?

                > > Frank

                > > _,___

              • David Hughes
                Message 7 of 16 , May 13 5:43 AM
                  Really enjoyable, singing included: not to everyone's taste, of course, but then diesel and petrol loco lovers are used to being overlooked :-)
                  Maybe Frank S would have preferred a girl band?
                  David H, #1603
                  Wiltshire UK

                • Frank Savery
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 13 5:49 AM
                    I think you can be assured that Frank S (and this Frank S) would have
                    preffered NO band, Boy, Girl or anything in between.

                    Cheers,
                    Frank Savery,
                    District Manager, CIE Cildargan Section
                    also Owner, Operator, Chief Cook & Bottle Washer,
                    Lakes District Portage Railway
                    and King Island Tramway, Tasmania

                    On 13/05/2013 10:43 PM, David Hughes wrote:
                    > Really enjoyable, singing included: not to everyone's taste, of course, but then diesel and petrol loco lovers are used to being overlooked :-)
                    > Maybe Frank S would have preferred a girl band?
                    > David H, #1603
                    > Wiltshire UK

                  • Phil Traxson
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 13 5:53 AM
                      On one of the forums John assures them that the full production does not
                      have the music.

                      Phil T.

                      Really enjoyable, singing included: not to everyone's taste, of course, but
                      then diesel and petrol loco lovers are used to being overlooked :-)
                      Maybe Frank S would have preferred a girl band?
                      David H, #1603
                      Wiltshire UK

                      -----
                      No virus found in this message.

                      -----
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 13 5:58 AM
                        Great,
                        I presume that's because they couldn't find enough cats to castrate
                        without anasthetic, to fill a whole disc. :-D

                        On 13/05/2013 10:53 PM, Phil Traxson wrote:

                        > On one of the forums John assures them that the full production does not
                        > have the music.
                        >
                        > Phil T.

                      • Paul Martin
                        Message 11 of 16 , May 13 6:12 AM
                          Could it be that the irritating music in the free taster is
                          to stop tight so and so�s just downloading it and to mask the screams of
                          their wallets as they stump up for the paid music free version?

                          Message 12 of 16 , May 13 6:31 AM
                            Paul,

                            More likely that some 'stooge', me, would complain and get it more
                            publicity?

                            I assume though, as the author has said on another web site that there isn't
                            music on the DVD, the two Franks on this group aren't the only ones not
                            suited by the unconnected wailing.

                            Frank

                            P.S. Girl bands are preferable, but even more so with the sound off. I'm old
                            enough to remember 'Pans People'.
                          • stephen griffiths
                            Message 13 of 16 , May 13 10:59 PM
                              I bet the shot of the 'up train' passing Boston Lodge hauled by a *garratt*
                              will confuse some people!

                              Message 14 of 16 , May 14 1:24 AM
                                >>I bet the shot of the 'up train' passing Boston Lodge hauled by a
                                *garratt* will confuse some people!<<
                                Not half as much as the clown driving it confused the punters. On a whim
                                he decided to see how far he could get with the shuttle and met the drain
                                pipe of #3 Boston Lodge. Trouble with that was that the coaches were
                                totally out of the platform.