Steam 150. Ff R

  • Paul Holmes
    Message 1 of 16 , May 12 4:16 PM
      Sadly I only caught a glimpse of thQis marvellous weekend but John Woodens trailer is worth a look

      http://youtu.be/AF_FShC9AXQ

      Paul
      Message 2 of 16 , May 12 4:33 PM
        Paul,

        Great photography, pity about that bl**dy sound track.

        Frank

        _____

        Message 3 of 16 , May 13 1:51 AM
          Try turning the speakers off and imagining the sounds!!

          Ryk

          Message 4 of 16 , May 13 1:57 AM
            Ryk,

            If I try turning off the picture I can also imagine the smell!

            The point I'm trying to make is that it was obviously shot with sound, so
            why not have that sound more prevalent and the music if needed at all much
            more in the background?

            Frank

            _,___

          • Paul Holmes
            Message 5 of 16 , May 13 2:26 AM
              It's just to wet the proverbial whistle. So you feel the need to contact the Festshop and order the full DVD which I am sure will come with a full sound track of glorious chuffs and real whistles.
              Having watched it three times now, the tune is growing on me !!
              Paul
            • Mike Brown
              Message 6 of 16 , May 13 2:37 AM

                I totally agree with you. That is a very good video totally spoilt by the inane wailings of someone who thinks he can sing. It was shot with sound so let everyone hear the sound, which is what railway enthusiasts would like to hear in preference to that caterwauling!

                Mike

                On 13 May 2013, at 10:57, Frank Sharp <frank.j.sharp@...> wrote:

                > Ryk,
                >
                > If I try turning off the picture I can also imagine the smell!
                >
                > The point I'm trying to make is that it was obviously shot with sound, so
                > why not have that sound more prevalent and the music if needed at all much
                > more in the background?
                >
                > Frank
                >
                > _,___

              • Paul Holmes
                Message 7 of 16 , May 13 4:10 AM
                  So buy the full version in HD stereo!!
                  Paul, Marketing hard....

                  --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, Mike Brown <mike_brown@...> wrote:

                  > Frank
                  >
                  > I totally agree with you. That is a very good video totally spoilt by the inane wailings of someone who thinks he can sing. It was shot with sound so let everyone hear the sound, which is what railway enthusiasts would like to hear in preference to that caterwauling!
                  >
                  > Mike
                  >
                  > On 13 May 2013, at 10:57, Frank Sharp <frank.j.sharp@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Ryk,
                  > >
                  > > If I try turning off the picture I can also imagine the smell!
                  > >
                  > > The point I'm trying to make is that it was obviously shot with sound, so
                  > > why not have that sound more prevalent and the music if needed at all much
                  > > more in the background?
                  > >
                  > > Frank
                  > >
                  > > _,___

                • Frank Metcalf
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 13 4:58 AM
                    So on the full version in HD sound there is no Electric Bluebirds in the foreground? Frank Metcalf To: 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com
                    From: heatonwood@...
                    Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 11:10:53 +0000

                    So buy the full version in HD stereo!!

                    Paul, Marketing hard....

                    --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, Mike Brown <mike_brown@...> wrote:

                    > Frank

                    > I totally agree with you. That is a very good video totally spoilt by the inane wailings of someone who thinks he can sing. It was shot with sound so let everyone hear the sound, which is what railway enthusiasts would like to hear in preference to that caterwauling!

                    > Mike

                    > On 13 May 2013, at 10:57, Frank Sharp <frank.j.sharp@...> wrote:

                    > > Ryk,

                    > > If I try turning off the picture I can also imagine the smell!

                    > > The point I'm trying to make is that it was obviously shot with sound, so

                    > > why not have that sound more prevalent and the music if needed at all much

                    > > more in the background?

                    > > Frank

                    > > _,___

                  • David Hughes
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 13 5:43 AM
                      Really enjoyable, singing included: not to everyone's taste, of course, but then diesel and petrol loco lovers are used to being overlooked :-)
                      Maybe Frank S would have preferred a girl band?
                      David H, #1603
                      Wiltshire UK

                    • Frank Savery
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 13 5:49 AM
                        I think you can be assured that Frank S (and this Frank S) would have
                        preffered NO band, Boy, Girl or anything in between.

                        Cheers,
                        Frank Savery,
                        District Manager, CIE Cildargan Section
                        also Owner, Operator, Chief Cook & Bottle Washer,
                        Lakes District Portage Railway
                        and King Island Tramway, Tasmania

                        On 13/05/2013 10:43 PM, David Hughes wrote:
                        > Really enjoyable, singing included: not to everyone's taste, of course, but then diesel and petrol loco lovers are used to being overlooked :-)
                        > Maybe Frank S would have preferred a girl band?
                        > David H, #1603
                        > Wiltshire UK

                      • Phil Traxson
                        Message 11 of 16 , May 13 5:53 AM
                          On one of the forums John assures them that the full production does not
                          have the music.

                          Phil T.

                          Really enjoyable, singing included: not to everyone's taste, of course, but
                          then diesel and petrol loco lovers are used to being overlooked :-)
                          Maybe Frank S would have preferred a girl band?
                          David H, #1603
                          Wiltshire UK

                          -----
                          No virus found in this message.

                          -----
                          Message 12 of 16 , May 13 5:58 AM
                            Great,
                            I presume that's because they couldn't find enough cats to castrate
                            without anasthetic, to fill a whole disc. :-D

                            On 13/05/2013 10:53 PM, Phil Traxson wrote:

                            > On one of the forums John assures them that the full production does not
                            > have the music.
                            >
                            > Phil T.

                          • Paul Martin
                            Message 13 of 16 , May 13 6:12 AM
                              Could it be that the irritating music in the free taster is
                              to stop tight so and so�s just downloading it and to mask the screams of
                              their wallets as they stump up for the paid music free version?

                              Message 14 of 16 , May 13 6:31 AM
                                Paul,

                                More likely that some 'stooge', me, would complain and get it more
                                publicity?

                                I assume though, as the author has said on another web site that there isn't
                                music on the DVD, the two Franks on this group aren't the only ones not
                                suited by the unconnected wailing.

                                Frank

                                P.S. Girl bands are preferable, but even more so with the sound off. I'm old
                                enough to remember 'Pans People'.
                              • stephen griffiths
                                Message 15 of 16 , May 13 10:59 PM
                                  I bet the shot of the 'up train' passing Boston Lodge hauled by a *garratt*
                                  will confuse some people!

                                  Message 16 of 16 , May 14 1:24 AM
                                    >>I bet the shot of the 'up train' passing Boston Lodge hauled by a
                                    *garratt* will confuse some people!<<
                                    Not half as much as the clown driving it confused the punters. On a whim
                                    he decided to see how far he could get with the shuttle and met the drain
                                    pipe of #3 Boston Lodge. Trouble with that was that the coaches were
                                    totally out of the platform.