RE: [7mm NGA] Re: Login website Dorset Kits?

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 23, 2013
      James,

      A long way from deepest Dorset to Burton. Kevin did Shepton Mallet, Narrow
      Gauge South West in 2012 but don't know if that was because it was their
      25th or whether he does it every year. A phone call will find which shows he
      is doing. Geoff Lord has a couple of the locos and the coaches in GWR livery
      built by Kevin. They run well, though if I built them I think I'd restrict
      the suspension play and I'd use my preferred High Level Gear Boxes. The
      suspension is fine in use, but the wheels and valve gear waggle all over the
      place if you invert the loco and apply a wheel cleaner.

      I have promised myself someday a couple of locos and the coaches in Cambrian
      days, but as yet you cannot see the table next to my workbench for unbuilt
      kits!

    • vannerley
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 24, 2013
        He has often been at ExpoNG if you can wait till the autumn.

        2248
        David Vannerley
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 24, 2013
          Kevin has done our AGM show at Burton once, I think, but I can say that he is not booked to come in 2013.
          Sorry James.

          Adrian

          --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Holmes" <heatonwood@...> wrote:

          > Hi James
          > We had better wait for an official response from Andrew or Adrian, but I cannot remember him coming since I joined in 2007. I shall have the Leek and Manifold stock built and no doubt someone will have a Welshpool loco running somewhere. I have no unbuilt brass to show you though.
          > My first remote control standard gauge coal wagon ran last night, so am hopeful my transporter wagon demo will be ready in time !!
          > Paul
          >
          > --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "James C" <jamesmcorsi@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Dear All esp Chris and Frank,
          > > Many thanks for your advice, I can now login to 7mm NGA website.
          > > Regarding Dorset Kits any chance of Kevin attending the AGM? I am happier if I can see things.
          > > best wishes,
          > > James

        • DAVID TILLETT
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 25, 2013
            Any chance of inviting him for 2014? Feel sure that there will be a number of members with cheque books at the ready!

            David

            ________________________________
            Kevin has done our AGM show at Burton once, I think, but I can say that he is not booked to come in 2013.
            Sorry James.

            Adrian

            --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Holmes" <heatonwood@...> wrote:

            > Hi James
            > We had better wait for an official response from Andrew or Adrian, but I cannot remember him coming since I joined in 2007. I shall have the Leek and Manifold stock built and no doubt someone will have a Welshpool loco running somewhere. I have no unbuilt brass to show you though.
            > My first remote control standard gauge coal wagon ran last night, so am hopeful my transporter wagon demo will be ready in time !!
            > Paul
            >
            > --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "James C" <jamesmcorsi@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Dear All esp Chris and Frank,
            > > Many thanks for your advice, I can now login to 7mm NGA website.
            > > Regarding Dorset Kits any chance of Kevin attending the AGM? I am happier if I can see things.
            > > best wishes,
            > > James

          • Brian Rumary
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 25, 2013
              On 23/04/2013 23:57, Paul Holmes wrote:
              > We had better wait for an official response from Andrew or Adrian, but I cannot remember him coming since I joined in 2007.

              However he nearly always attends the spring South West show in Shepton
              Mallet, if that is of any use to you?

              --
              Brian Rumary
              England
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 25, 2013
                David,

                When the time comes to book layouts and traders for the 2014 Convention I'll be certain to contact Kevin and see whether he would be willing / able to have a stand at the Convention.

                Cheers,
                Andrew

                Convention Co-ordinator Chap

                Sent from my iPhone