RE: [7mm NGA] Handrail knobs & loco fittings.

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 22, 2013
      Roy,

      One of the problems you will find is that few of the suppliers have a decent
      illustrated web site, and often the catalogues aren't more than a list.

      Fittings, try Hobbyhorse, Laurie Griffin (Shedmaster), Alan Gibson, Warren
      Shephard (Martello Castings, mainly GWR)

      Most do handrail knobs, but I usually use Gibsons. They do various lengths
      but you will find the indeterminate length ones, a handrail knob on a long
      shaft and a separate fixing boss useful, not only as handrails!

      For whistles ideally you need a turned rather than a cast version. If they
      are still on the go try Buzz Models.

      Again not a web presence, but have a blog and will e-mail a pdf file of the
      relevant catalogue, Branchlines do a white metal fittings pack.

      If these don't turn up on a web search try ukmodeldirectory for addresses.

      You'll do better going to a show, a GOG trade show maybe where the suppliers
      have a stand and you can see what you are buying.

      Frank

      _,___

    • icress
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 22, 2013
        Hi there
        Look at the Markits website they have a large catalogue that you can download, things like handrail knobs come in many sizes so you should find what you want
        best wishes
        Irvine

        In a message dated 04/22/13 10:52:28 GMT Daylight Time, royparkes@... writes:

        Making a tentative return to 7mm NG by building a plasticard 0-4-0 saddle tank loco.
        It is now some 8/9 years since I built a loco and would welcome advice on the following:

        What size handrail knobs to use, and which supplier, I purchased some from 'Smallbrook' but they seem far to small to me.

        Also supplier for suitable injectors, lubricator and whistles.

        Many thanks,
        Roy.