Bachmann replacement gears

  • ronhoughton85
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2013
      Morning folks,

      I guess most of you have heard from various 0n30 groups that Bachmann USA have finally agreed to replace the gears in the Shay, Climax, Davenport 0-4-0, railbus and railtruck, free of charge starting on 1 June.

      There was no mention of this arrangement for europe so I wrote to Bachmann the other day and had a reply yesterday from a Richard Matthews, Service Manager Bachmann Eurpoe to confirm that the same arrangement would apply in the UK and EU. However, there is one exception and that is they will not be offering the same free fitting service that Bachmann USA is providing.

      If, anyone would like a copy of the e-mail from Richard Matthews, then please contact me off group and I'll send over.

      Hope this now settles the long running issue of faulty gears.

      Have a good weekend.

      Ron Houghton
      Vendee, France