Re: On9 skip wagons

  • mrandy5
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 5, 2013
      Hi Stu

      The KB Scale wagons regauge to 9mm very easily, just by pushing the wheels in! It will depend what size skip you are trying to model, but they look fine with other 09 stock.

      Regards, Andy

      --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "listsd" <winter64@...> wrote:

      > Are there any On9 skip wagons available, or something that could be made to run on 9mm gauge? I've trawled the net but have not found anything. Presumably the KB Scale ones would be too big?
      >
      > Stu

    • tom bell
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 5, 2013
        I do some 3-d printed O9 skips - this is what the look like all together
        http://shpws.me/mVas

        Available in 6 packs in the middle of this page
        http://www.shapeways.com/shops/tebee?sort=newest§ion=On9&s=0

        Tom

      • bflude
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 7, 2013
          I have some of Tom's 09 skips - very good little models - seem to need a load as they are very light - that said the KB scale ones aren't much heavier!

          Mine are going to form a loaded ballast train.

          --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, tom bell <tebeeb@...> wrote:

          > I do some 3-d printed O9 skips - this is what the look like all together
          > http://shpws.me/mVas
          >
          > Available in 6 packs in the middle of this page
          > http://www.shapeways.com/shops/tebee?sort=newest§ion=On9&s=0
          >
          > Tom

        • Rod Hutchinson
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 7, 2013
            I take it these skips are from Shapeways. Is the finish smooth on the
            surface or striated?

            Rod in Australia
            Just joined.

            On 8 April 2013 00:52, bflude <bflude@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > I have some of Tom's 09 skips - very good little models - seem to need a
            > load as they are very light - that said the KB scale ones aren't much
            > heavier!
            >
            > Mine are going to form a loaded ballast train.
            >
            > --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, tom bell <tebeeb@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I do some 3-d printed O9 skips - this is what the look like all together
            > > http://shpws.me/mVas
            > >
            > > Available in 6 packs in the middle of this page
            > > http://www.shapeways.com/shops/tebee?sort=newest§ion=On9&s=0
            > >
            > > Tom

            Rod Hutchinson
            Growing Old Disgracefully
            Mooroolbark, Australia

          • bflude
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 9, 2013
              The skip bodies are in Frosted Ultra Detail and so are quite smooth as supplied but respong to a bit of smoothing, the chassis are in Black Strong & Flexible - a bit less smooth bot OK - they are really quite small.