Re: [7mm NGA] On9 skip wagons

  • Howard Clarke
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 5, 2013
      Hi Stu
      Try Howard Martin at Avalon or Steve Bennet at Black Dog Mining Co.
      Howard 215
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 5, 2013
        Hi Stu

        The KB Scale wagons regauge to 9mm very easily, just by pushing the wheels in! It will depend what size skip you are trying to model, but they look fine with other 09 stock.

        Regards, Andy

        --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "listsd" <winter64@...> wrote:

        > Are there any On9 skip wagons available, or something that could be made to run on 9mm gauge? I've trawled the net but have not found anything. Presumably the KB Scale ones would be too big?
        >
        > Stu

      • tom bell
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 5, 2013
          I do some 3-d printed O9 skips - this is what the look like all together
          http://shpws.me/mVas

          Available in 6 packs in the middle of this page
          http://www.shapeways.com/shops/tebee?sort=newest§ion=On9&s=0

          Tom

        • bflude
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 7, 2013
            I have some of Tom's 09 skips - very good little models - seem to need a load as they are very light - that said the KB scale ones aren't much heavier!

            Mine are going to form a loaded ballast train.

            --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, tom bell <tebeeb@...> wrote:

            > I do some 3-d printed O9 skips - this is what the look like all together
            > http://shpws.me/mVas
            >
            > Available in 6 packs in the middle of this page
            > http://www.shapeways.com/shops/tebee?sort=newest§ion=On9&s=0
            >
            > Tom

          • Rod Hutchinson
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 7, 2013
              I take it these skips are from Shapeways. Is the finish smooth on the
              surface or striated?

              Rod in Australia
              Just joined.

              On 8 April 2013 00:52, bflude <bflude@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > I have some of Tom's 09 skips - very good little models - seem to need a
              > load as they are very light - that said the KB scale ones aren't much
              > heavier!
              >
              > Mine are going to form a loaded ballast train.
              >
              > --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, tom bell <tebeeb@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > I do some 3-d printed O9 skips - this is what the look like all together
              > > http://shpws.me/mVas
              > >
              > > Available in 6 packs in the middle of this page
              > > http://www.shapeways.com/shops/tebee?sort=newest§ion=On9&s=0
              > >
              > > Tom

              Rod Hutchinson
              Growing Old Disgracefully
              Mooroolbark, Australia

            • bflude
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 9, 2013
                The skip bodies are in Frosted Ultra Detail and so are quite smooth as supplied but respong to a bit of smoothing, the chassis are in Black Strong & Flexible - a bit less smooth bot OK - they are really quite small.