Re: Design a diesel question.

  • S Davies
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 2, 2013
      Many thanks Howard and Adrian. Shall certainly bring it along and pop
      it into whatever class will have it. Although 'it' is now a 'them' as
      I've started one in O9 too - found an old minitrains baldwin with a
      burnout motor that will work nicely with half a kato at the rear.
      rgds
      Si
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 2, 2013
        Simon,

        Competition rules state 'One entry per class, per member" so you will not be able to enter both models in the same year - well not unless they are coupled back to back!

        I'm afraid I enforce this rule strictly as there are one or two who would otherwise flood the classes with models.

        Adrian - Competitions Steward

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 2, 2013
          Adrian,

          Would it not be possible to enter one in 'Design a Diesel' and the other in
          the coach and railcar section as Simon is saying there will be some
          passenger accommodation?

          As regards coupling back to back, as they are both different gauges, if you
          can put them on the track, I'll photograph them!

          Frank with large spoon.

          _

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 2, 2013
            Frank,

            Grasping spoon, however sticky.......NO!

            Five main classes - Locos x 2; passenger; freight; buildings.

            Entries for HESC, FR, L&B and Monckton Wylde arise from and are subsidiary to, those main classes.

            Y'gotta be in the first to be in t'other...........

            Sorry, them's the rules.........

            Adrian

            --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Sharp" <frank.j.sharp@...> wrote:

            > Adrian,
            >

            > Would it not be possible to enter one in 'Design a Diesel' and the other in
            > the coach and railcar section as Simon is saying there will be some
            > passenger accommodation?
            >

            > As regards coupling back to back, as they are both different gauges, if you
            > can put them on the track, I'll photograph them!
            >

            > Frank with large spoon.
            >

            > _

          • Mike Brown
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 3, 2013
              On 2 Apr 2013, at 23:13, adriangrayfr <adrian@...> wrote:

              > I'm afraid I enforce this rule strictly as there are one or two who would otherwise flood the classes with models.
              >
              > Adrian - Competitions Steward

              Hmmm, If you didn't we'd be up to our knees in HC's little yellow diesels! lol! (ducks back behind parapet...)

              Mike
              008
            • Howard Clarke
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 3, 2013
                NO
                Howard

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 3, 2013
                  Wrong Mike
                  My diesel is silver
                  Howard 215

                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 3, 2013
                    But I remember a time when you were a very prolific builder of the the little yellow devils! lol!

                    Mike
                    008

                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 3, 2013
                      And very long, and if you look in Gallery, 2012 exhibition on our web site
                      it can be even longer. One photo Peter didn't use!

                      Frank

                      _____

                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 3, 2013
                        Hi Simon
                        Will look forward to meeting you at Burton.
                        Suggestion - Bring plenty of money as the traders there are not often found elsewhere
                        And it is a good day to make new friends and renew old acquaintances
                        Happy modelling
                        Howard 215
                        On the Staffordshire Moorlands still with snow