New locos on the AFK. Thanks.

  • ianathompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2013
      Thanks to all those who responded to my requests for information on the Swedish Tp3500 and the Saxon v36 diesel.

      Just to prove that the AFK is still alive and kicking I have uploaded photos under the AFK New Locos album. These were taken during a recent operating session and are not specially posed. Although they are not complete and await tidying and final attention they have progressed reasonably quickly to this stage.

      No 929 is seen getting the right away at Ospicio whilst working train 11004, the Fenditavalat-Relforka express, and is deputising for the rostered engine. The up train was late (due to late SG connections) and so 929 was summoned from the shed having earlier worked an up goods. This is the standard procedure at Fenditavalat when the up train is late, as it often is.

      The bendi-diesel was working as the banker on the infamous Vulpafaukangulo incline and did a reasonable job, although it is slightly slower running than some of the train engines. It also runs slower in one direction than the other but maybe this is to be expected when using a 1970s Roco mechanism.

      Next up on the bench are a rod driven three phase loco for the CFS and an 0-4-4-0T mallet. Incidentally, despite my request no-one ever could enlighten me about the purpose of the window in the short hood of the Tp3500. I haven't included it on the model as it is by no means a serious attempt to copy the real thing but it would be nice to know why it was there.

      Ian T (no 23)