Re: [7mm NGA] Re: Leek and Manifold Transporter wagons

  • Howard Clarke
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 15, 2013
      Hi
      My interest is more in NSR wagons and in Chadwick's book there is an excellent photo of a NSR 1-plank wagon on a L&MVLR transporter wagon, this show the NSR wagon with the brake fully pinned down on the ON position with what appears to be a wooden block below the inside of the wheel of the unbraked axle, note early NSR wagon brakes only acted on one wheel.
      I have other photos all showing the wagon brake pinned down on the transporter, the only exception is a NSR 6-wheel milk van in the siding at Ecton awaiting loading, the wagon brake is not pinned down but there appears to be a block across the bottom of one wheel, the van is some distance from the photographer.
      Hope this helps
      Howard Clarke 215