Re: [7mm NGA] New Kadees a Warning

  • Yorkshiredale
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6 7:00 AM
      I am aware of Kadees statement that their couplers are stronger than the plastic imitations, but seriously expecting them to support a Model while you are painting it is asking a bit much.
      Dale

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6 7:05 AM
        Be fair Frank, they were never intended to be swung around by the
        couplings. The clip together saves fiddliness whilst you assemble them.
        Your fixing screw should hold the lid on once you have fitted it to the
        wagon but then, let me guess, you�ve just glued them to the underframe
        against advice/instructions.

        So perhaps your warning should be, �Use them properly or they might come
        apart!�

        There is of course nothing to stop you gluing the lid after assembly as I
        suspect that once fitted there would be even less need to take them apart
        than with the old separate spring ones

        Paul

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6 7:16 AM
          True Paul, and stuck on the model lid down so if I ever need to I can prise
          out the lid. I was merely making the point that the old ones stand this
          abuse and that the new ones don't.

          I'm aware of it now, and no damage, but someone else might not be quite as
          lucky.