New Kadees a Warning

  • frank.j.sharp@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2013
      Quite often I'll fit Kadees to a model before painting. As I don't paint the couplings it gives me something to lift the model with into my drying area.

      I've had a couple now where the new clip together box has sprung open. It never happened with the old stick together type. Fortunately in each case the model was only just off the table and no damage.

      Frank
    • Yorkshiredale
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2013
        Frank
        I am aware of Kadees statement that their couplers are stronger than the plastic imitations, but seriously expecting them to support a Model while you are painting it is asking a bit much.
        Dale

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2013
          Be fair Frank, they were never intended to be swung around by the
          couplings. The clip together saves fiddliness whilst you assemble them.
          Your fixing screw should hold the lid on once you have fitted it to the
          wagon but then, let me guess, you�ve just glued them to the underframe
          against advice/instructions.

          So perhaps your warning should be, �Use them properly or they might come
          apart!�

          There is of course nothing to stop you gluing the lid after assembly as I
          suspect that once fitted there would be even less need to take them apart
          than with the old separate spring ones

          Paul

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6, 2013
            True Paul, and stuck on the model lid down so if I ever need to I can prise
            out the lid. I was merely making the point that the old ones stand this
            abuse and that the new ones don't.

            I'm aware of it now, and no damage, but someone else might not be quite as
            lucky.